no icon for the stock weather app?

crevier

Reaction score
I'm a brand new RAZR MAXX user. I was at first disappointed to not find a stock weather app (it's not in the app list), until my daughter showed me that she gets it with a widget. So, I've now got the weather widget on the screen and it works well.

However, I don't want/need the widget. It takes up too much space and I just don't need the info to be that handy. I just want an icon that I can press to see the weather (like all my other app icons). Does anyone know how I can get at the stock weather app via an icon?

(I prefer not to install another weather app just so I can have an icon. The stock app works well.)

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have WeatherBug and it runs in the background. I have a notification in the system tray, and it will let me know when there is severe weather.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
crevier said:
I'm a brand new RAZR MAXX user. I was at first disappointed to not find a stock weather app (it's not in the app list), until my daughter showed me that she gets it with a widget. So, I've now got the weather widget on the screen and it works well.

However, I don't want/need the widget. It takes up too much space and I just don't need the info to be that handy. I just want an icon that I can press to see the weather (like all my other app icons). Does anyone know how I can get at the stock weather app via an icon?

(I prefer not to install another weather app just so I can have an icon. The stock app works well.)

If you use the stock weather widget you mentioned you can long press it, release, then you can resize it to the size of a icon. Then when you press on it it will show the forecast

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
bang pow boom said:
if you use the stock weather widget you mentioned you can long press it, release, then you can resize it to the size of a icon. Then when you press on it it will show the forecast

+1

droid razr maxximized!!!!

j_nguyen09

Reaction score
hi where did you manage to find the stock weather widget? I've been searching for a while now :/

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Press down on an open area of your sreen for a few seconds. A menu will come up with several options including Widgets. Hit the widgets and you will be overcome with choices...