Broken Maxx screen. Anything i can do?

AWDkid

Reaction score
Long story short i did not purchase insurance (dumb me) and my screen cracked and now it wont light up. I read that this is a number one common issue with the razr maxx. I told Verizon this and they said they couldn't do anything id have to pay full price for a new phone.

Is there anyone on this site that fixes phones as a side job or can i ship it to motorola and have them fix it... I miss my maxx. This droid 2 im using now is a truly pos

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think the safest thing would be to ship it to Motorola. I don't remember how much it costs but, if my memory serves me right, it is not that bad. They will actually probably send you a refurbished phone rather than fix yours and send it back, so if you are able to do an fdr before sending it, that would be safest.

OP
A

AWDkid

Reaction score
Whats fdr stand for? Thanks il email them

OP
A

AWDkid

Reaction score
That's what i thought but wouldn't that wipe my phone clean. Il lose everything

OP
A

AWDkid

Reaction score
I cant find a email address anywhere for motorola tech service

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
AWDkid said:
That's what i thought but wouldn't that wipe my phone clean. Il lose everything

Yes, it will wipe your phone clean but Motorola may do the same or send you a different phone. Save as much as you can, if not all of it onto your pc. You don't have to worry about your sd card because you won't be sending that to Motorola.

OP
A

AWDkid

Reaction score
How do you save it on pc? Sorry phone newb here!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Np, plug your phone into the pc via usb. If you're able to see your phone display or use your phone display at all, pull down the notification bar, click on usb, and click mass storage mode. Go into Windows explorer, find the sd card under computer (may show up as Moto or name of your phone... recent changes I can't keep up with what it's called now)... once you locate your phone's storage on your pc, either click and drag to a new folder on your pc or copy and paste to the new folder.

OP
A

AWDkid

Reaction score
Sweet thanks im gonna try but i cant see my screen but im gonna try anyway

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, good luck. Even if you can't see your screen, you should be able to see the contents of your phone on your pc.

odin3

Reaction score
A friends girlfriend broke her RAZR screen the other day. He said Motorola said they would fix it for $100.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2