Verizon releases official statement about the Galaxy Nexus

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
verizon-galaxy-nexus-front-and-back-full-size.jpg

Verizon has allegedly released an official statement regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Unfortunately it is not a release date as of yet.

The Galaxy Nexus is still on track to launch this year. We will definitely send a press release to announce availability. Feel free to visit
www.verizonwireless.com/galaxynexus to sign up for email alerts to be one of the first to know.

There it is. They still have 11 1/2 hours to send an official press release for a Thursday release.

Source: Androidandme

Last edited by a moderator:

captdroid

Reaction score
I am beginning to think Verizon and reps are making up all kinds of reasons why the Galaxy Nexus is yet to be released so they can sell more razr's. Every time I call a Verizon store I get the verbal razr commercial from the person answering the phone. I told one rep after she rattled off her razr spiel that trying to sell me a razr would not change my mind wanting a Galaxy Nexus... she replied in a bit of depressed voice "I know" :D

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I am beginning to think Verizon and reps are making up all kinds of reasons why the Galaxy Nexus is yet to be released so they can sell more razr's. Every time I call a Verizon store I get the verbal razr commercial from the person answering the phone. I told one rep after she rattled off her razr spiel that trying to sell me a razr would not change my mind wanting a Galaxy Nexus... she replied in a bit of depressed voice "I know" :D

This is exactly what I was thinking. The two phones were supposed to be released a day apart and frankly, I've always felt Verizon favors Motorola. If that is the case, its absolute BS from a consumer standpoint.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I remember back when AT&T was pretty much as good as it got and Verizon seemed like our savior from them. Now I find myself shining a new light in the sky for someone to come down and squash Verizon. Great service, but poor customer service in many cases. Great advertising, but terrible about release dates. Great device selection, but unfortunately they're too dictative and restrictive about what goes on them. Forbid that your customers actually know about the phone in advance they are shelling out hundreds of dollars for, can freely mod, and still receive at least general commendable service...psh.

captdroid

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was thinking. The two phones were supposed to be released a day apart and frankly, I've always felt Verizon favors Motorola. If that is the case, its absolute BS from a consumer standpoint.

Ya if true I don't think Verizon really cares. They know most people won't leave their network and many will give in and get their beloved razr or something else rather then wait for the GN anyway. Really a no lose situation for Verizon by in large. They hold hostage the developer phone while selling out there moto stock and then sell a bunch of the GN's later anyway. lol

Riley

Reaction score

I got the same Razr verbal greeting/ad from the sales guy who answered my local VZW store phone. Then he got all quiet and said they have no idea when, and hopefully in the near future. :D

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This is a textbook demonstration of the adage, "Withering on the vine."

As fast as hardware evolves on Android this thing is being set up for failure and will most certainly cause buyers remorse.

Sad. I'm actually over it already.

kardar2

Reaction score
Isn't there a hearing today between Apple and HTC?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So they make an official statement to say they have no official statement. Wonderful.

That about sums it up. LOL

Tap'd from my Bionic