Verizon releases official statement about the Galaxy Nexus

gelfud

Reaction score
But....

verizon-galaxy-nexus-front-and-back-full-size.jpg

Verizon has allegedly released an official statement regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Unfortunately it is not a release date as of yet.

There it is. They still have 11 1/2 hours to send an official press release for a Thursday release.

Source: Androidandme

I just called several corp stores and got nothing in terms of good info to confirm/deny a release, tomorrow, 12/15. Now, just in case, I called a certified reseller thinking that they would not be dealing with corporate bs managers telling them to be mum about a release. This guy told me to come by at noon E., tomorrow, and that they had a confirmation email telling them that tomorrow is a "GO" for a release.... But, but, but... they have none in stock, and that nobody has any in stock (yeah, I know the rumors of them sitting in locked cages), and unless they recieve some today, or tomorrow morning, that I would essentially have to buy it and wait for them to receive it, for them to call me, and then go there to pick it up. Again, out of 5 corp stores, and 1 reseller, I only got confirmation on 12/15 release from one guy, the reseller.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Verizon profits off you whether you buy the RAZR, Blackberry or Thunderbolt. It's about contracts NOT equipment.

Before the RAZR was released it was well known that it was their "baby" You can obviously see that now with the media blast that is still going strong.

It's about selling contracts not phones. Phones are the bait.

While I agree that it's about contracts and not the phones, there is NO denying that Verizon and Motorola have a special relationship. They must have some sort of agreement where Motorola gets prime advertising and promotion for their Droid products, while non-Droid phones get pushed aside. Just like the beer section at any store these days. It's dominated by Budweiser and related products, while smaller names get pushed aside. It's all about advertising power. If you let Verizon take over your device and brand it with the Droid name and bloatware, they'll promote the snot out of it. The manufacturer sells more phones and Verizon sells more contracts. It's a win-win.

Unfortunately for Verizon though, consumers are not that ignorant these days. People know what they want, and they want the Nexus.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
I'm not in retail, but in manufacturing. I can say that phones/goods sitting around in inventory is money/profit lost. I would bet that Verizon corporate wants these things released as bad as we do, especially now that the devices are sitting in store inventory.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes phone contracts are the main bread winner, but VZW makes a pretty penny on all the bloat they load up on these skinned phones as well. It's why carriers don't advertise, other than some internet ads, for the Nexus phones. They can sell you a bloated down phone on contract and make the company more money than a pure Google phone on contract.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
This Official Statement just sounds like tomorrow is "Officially" not happening. I hope i'm wrong but this phone's track record is showing otherwise.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I am beginning to think Verizon and reps are making up all kinds of reasons why the Galaxy Nexus is yet to be released so they can sell more razr's. Every time I call a Verizon store I get the verbal razr commercial from the person answering the phone. I told one rep after she rattled off her razr spiel that trying to sell me a razr would not change my mind wanting a Galaxy Nexus... she replied in a bit of depressed voice "I know" :D

When the Razr gets ics it will be better in my opinion anyway

mdsniper7

Reaction score
When the Razr gets ics it will be better in my opinion anyway

no way the razr will still have old school hard buttons , and its really square, and just oh yea motorola junk.

However starting to relize that I will not be getting the gn now anyway and just waiting for a better phone next year. Why have a phone in which its only perk is ics, and its only gonna have it a month before the razr and bionic get its update, so sad vz so sad

redoregon

Reaction score
I'm feeling more and more and more that if for whatever jackass reason they weasel out of releasing this phone, that I will buy a brand X candybar phone and wait for my V contract to run out. If they screw the pooch on this one, I will never extend my contract (and my two other family lines) with this company again.

Having said that, I really can't see them eating the incredible amounts of money it would take to ship all those phones back from the stores (where we all know they're sitting in the storerooms) and returning them.

But we'll see if they win the next "customer service" survey...

loki993

Reaction score
This is a textbook demonstration of the adage, "Withering on the vine."

As fast as hardware evolves on Android this thing is being set up for failure and will most certainly cause buyers remorse.

Sad. I'm actually over it already.

Yeah, though I'm not sure I even liked it when it came out. I felt and still feel that the specs are a bit weak and they get weaker and weaker by the day.

I love that the teaser add for the Galaxy III just got released right in my face.... awesome.

Yeah dont worry though, V$ will probably pass on that one too. Then come out with the GNII with worse specs and try to say its better.

I just called several corp stores and got nothing in terms of good info to confirm/deny a release, tomorrow, 12/15. Now, just in case, I called a certified reseller thinking that they would not be dealing with corporate bs managers telling them to be mum about a release. This guy told me to come by at noon E., tomorrow, and that they had a confirmation email telling them that tomorrow is a "GO" for a release.... But, but, but... they have none in stock, and that nobody has any in stock (yeah, I know the rumors of them sitting in locked cages), and unless they recieve some today, or tomorrow morning, that I would essentially have to buy it and wait for them to receive it, for them to call me, and then go there to pick it up. Again, out of 5 corp stores, and 1 reseller, I only got confirmation on 12/15 release from one guy, the reseller.

In my experience the people at the stores know less then even we do. YMMV though.

loki993

Reaction score
And in other news they have ICS booting on the Driod 2 so maybe even Ill have ICS on my phone before this things even released lol.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Droid Life is saying tomorrow is Officially confirmed.... i figured they would be careful with saying that after being wrong for so many times.. :p

joey00

Reaction score
I don't like the sound of this...[/QUOTE

called four corp stores, three said available for sale from tomorrow 12/15, one played the dummy role like they have no clue