Verizon Picks Motorola for 4G network.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
images

This is nothing we already don't know but an article from the WSJ confirms that Motorola Droids will still be in VZW's war chest of Android devices but now in the 4G flavor. The Droid line up, as you know, has been a very powerful and effective marketing stragety and it won't be letting up any time soon.

"We've got LTE smartphones on the horizon," Verizon's Mr. Stratton said. "Motorola will be right there." Motorola has previously said it would make devices that work on LTE networks in 2011, but declined Tuesday to comment on the specific timing or distribution of those devices. Verizon has tapped several Motorola smartphones to feature in its current Droid lineup, the devices that Verizon brands as the high end of its Android slate and supports with extra marketing efforts.

Mr. Stratton said the collaboration has made Motorola a very important partner for the New York based company. The brand continues to evolve and we the end-users continue to benefit.

Now the question remains. Which Motorola device will be the first out with 4G capabilities? Easy guess would be the Etna but who knows, maybe Motorola and VZW will surprise us or.....maybe not.

To read the entire article click here

source: WSJ

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like technological surprises - especially 4G LTE MotoDroid Ones

Sent from my Oven by a Gingerbread Cookie :wink:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very informative CK!! Can't wait! :)

DroidForums junkie!!

anjunafreek03

Reaction score
It's nice to know that a company such as Motorola has shown the balls to make an awesome product that JUST WORKS instead of worming their cheap plastic fake smartphones into the lineup at the last minute! Hello Moto! Glad i didn't get an Evo 4G with a cheaper screen because the company ran out! Whoops!

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
My next upgrade will be a Pre phone. Glad to see Motoroloa will be in it. Hope they put a phone out similar to the original Droid. I just can't live without my slide out keyboard.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

ChuckG73

Reaction score
So who else thinks the Etna and the Tablet will launch at the same time and both be running Honeycomb?.......

creaky

Reaction score
So who else thinks the Etna and the Tablet will launch at the same time and both be running Honeycomb?.......

Sadly, not me, but it is the season of miracles....

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me

That'd be nice. I just want their tablet to come out asap. Is honeycomb even going to be for phones? I thought all the hype was that it's being developed specifically for tabs

Reaction score
i think there's going to be different versions, for tabs and phones, just like froyo.. but i also heard its going to be on tabs way before phones.