Status
Not open for further replies.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
013_verizon.jpg

Verizon officially announced the end of Contract Pricing today. Starting on August 13, you will no longer be able to sign a contract and get a subsidized phone. You will be able to keep your current plan, which I believe may be good news for UDP (Unlimited Data Plan) customers. That is pure conjecture on my part at this time, however, based on the wording "keep your current plan".

Now Verizon will offer packaged data that you can share with other accounts or devices. These packages will come in Small, Medium, large and Extra Large "buckets". (C|Net's wording, not Verizon's, no word what VZW will call these yet.)

Pricing as follows:
  • Small with 1GB = $30/Mo
  • Medium with 3GB = $45/Mo
  • Large with 6GB = $60/Mo
  • Extra Large = 12GB = $80/Mo
In addition to the data plans, there will be per device pricing with Smartphones being a flat $20/Mo each, Tablets at $10/Mo and Watches or connected devices at $5/Mo.

At first glance, it looks like this might save people a few dollars even adding in a monthly charge for a device.

SOURCE: C|Net

+Veirfied on a few other sites because I was shocked to see this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The drama unfolds. This should be interesting. I expect a LOT of discussion over this topic going forward. I also expect to read a lot of complaints. I will have to study the plans hard to make sure I can give good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.