Verizon network STILL dropping

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
I'm getting no signal out here in Washington, no 4, 3 or 1. :'(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

projektorboy

Reaction score
I'm at a point where I see 4G LTE as kind of a neat little feature that you enable only when you really need it. You don't need to keep it on all the time. I keep my Bionic locked onto 3G only and it's just as solid, if not better than my OG Droid was on signal. When the radios are switching around constantly they get confused easily.

I'm in Phoenix, AZ btw.

cybric

Reaction score
I have great 4g in Phoenix and I leave it on always.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
i haven't had 4g since around 9pm. its almost 3am now, ive tried airplane mode and pulling the battery/sim card. no 3g either, so that means no data connection at all :( location: Omaha, NE, less than 2 blocks from a Verizon store.

deek

Reaction score
I noticed outages recently as well... has to be network specific as I never had it be an issue with the previous version. Vzn seems to be fast on credits to accts... I am sure if more people call and complain while demanding credits for subpar quality, they may,expedite the issue with more priority... businesses dont like losing money.

tituswife

Reaction score
Only 3G here, so issue is not exactly the same. But, it is so slow at times as to be unable to connect. Verizon wants to blame it on my phone, and want to send me a used phone. I hinted at a credit today, but no go.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

nateohio

Reaction score
Only 3G here, so issue is not exactly the same. But, it is so slow at times as to be unable to connect. Verizon wants to blame it on my phone, and want to send me a used phone. I hinted at a credit today, but no go.

You do realize that your current phone is used right? Its not new anymore.

Over the last 4 years, i've had close to 10 replacement devices from Verizon.

Do you know how many had NO signs of use? (in other words, looked new)

Every single one of them.

Do you know how many of them had problems that weren't already associated with that model?

Not a single one of them.

Bottom line, the CLNR replacements that Verizon sends out are of above average quality. The phone you end up getting will probably be "newer" than your current phone. Unless you just got your phone a few Weeks ago.

tituswife

Reaction score
Of course my phone is used, by me. :) In three or so years with V, I've had 8 to ten replacement phones, for two different models. In both cases, the recurrent problems led to me upgrading. Hmmm ... Verizon makes more money.

A replacement phone means hours of customizing. It's a convenient out, as is their frequently used suggestion of doing a factory reset.

Call me crazy, but the last two times I spoke to Verizon, after I hung up, data came back or speed increased. The phone, or, their network?

down1plus2

Reaction score
Im in the phoenix area also and i got tired of the 4g dropping all the time. I just didt what u did and kept it on 3g allthe time.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
mine still keeps popping on and off, I have noticed that if I keep wifi off it doesn't drop as much (maybe because of no handoff issue) but it still sucks I hope they fix it soon.

Reaction score
I'm still getting sporadic drops, too, in the DC area. This is becoming pretty pathetic. :mad: