ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Data connection issues continue!

Zig8

Reaction score
Ya know I admire you guys that really actively rant too Verizon about our Bionic. I have all these same issues. I work in a fringe 4G area. Always loosing connectivity from the very beginning. Got my Bionic when they came out. Why my phone cant figure out one signal is week- try another, Wifi isn't strong enough,... switch to 4G/3G without me having to turn off my wifi (reboot)...? I thought these are supposed to be smart phones? I think the radios are week in the Bionics...
Ill bet most people that own the Bionic are like me. I wont do anything, just keep getting mad. I will not buy another Motorola, but the sap in me will wait this 2 yr contract out... I Love my Nexus7...!

deduct

Reaction score
Ya know I admire you guys that really actively rant too Verizon about our Bionic. I have all these same issues. I work in a fringe 4G area. Always loosing connectivity from the very beginning. Got my Bionic when they came out. Why my phone cant figure out one signal is week- try another, Wifi isn't strong enough,... switch to 4G/3G without me having to turn off my wifi (reboot)...? I thought these are supposed to be smart phones? I think the radios are week in the Bionics...
Ill bet most people that own the Bionic are like me. I wont do anything, just keep getting mad. I will not buy another Motorola, but the sap in me will wait this 2 yr contract out... I Love my Nexus7...!

Are you still running 905? Most people who have installed ics leak have zero data problems. I have the 232 leak i can send ya if you want to try it. At this point however, the ota should be soon. Regardless, i am betting ics fixes your signal issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bhp117

Reaction score
CD95YJ1210 said:
I told vzw to either let me switch since 3 different phones had the same issue, or let me out if my contract. They decided to let me switch. I decided to get away from Motorola for a bit so I went with the gnex

Good to know they're willing to replace the phone for you so you dont have to buy another phone to replace a faulty phone to begin with

bhp117

Reaction score
Are you still running 905? Most people who have installed ics leak have zero data problems. I have the 232 leak i can send ya if you want to try it. At this point however, the ota should be soon. Regardless, i am betting ics fixes your signal issues.

On 905 i still get drop data but not as bad as my previous 2 bionics
Once i started with the ics leak 2231 my data been very solid very few drop data but would get it back within 10 secs
Now i'm on 242 for a week and haven't gotten 1 data drop yet and battery life been amazing

Zig8

Reaction score
905 Yep....
"Your device is up to date!
No update is necessary at this time."
:hail::blink::biggrin::icon_eek::hail::icon_eek::biggrin::icon_eek:

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
905 Yep....
"Your device is up to date!
No update is necessary at this time."
:hail::blink::biggrin::icon_eek::hail::icon_eek::biggrin::icon_eek:

Yeah. You Are not gonna see update available for a while yet. Like I said, I have 232 for ya to flash if u want.