Verizon network STILL dropping

wilboy

Reaction score
Anyone noticed?

Correct me if I'm wrong....Has anyone noticed that every time VW has an Outage...There's an OTA coming on the way??Just sayin!!:D

mrredskin

Reaction score
just got off phone and told the girl i was talking to about spotty coverage last two weeks and practically nothing (including 3g) today and got $15 back. half the data cost since i told her it's been going on for about half the month. acceptable for me

lowcel

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong....Has anyone noticed that every time VW has an Outage...There's an OTA coming on the way??Just sayin!!:D

I really don't think people would be as upset / annoyed by it if VzW would just acknowledge it and maybe give some type of an explanation. If they are working on the system and accidentally hit the wrong button then it is certainly understandable.

BePrepared

Reaction score
No 3G or 4G service since the middle of the afternoon here in the Triad area of NC. As I was e-mailing Verizon about this, a commercial comes of TV bragging about their 4G devices (including Bionic) and their service. Just just can't make this stuff up.

wilboy

Reaction score
I really don't think people would be as upset / annoyed by it if VzW would just acknowledge it and maybe give some type of an explanation. If they are working on the system and accidentally hit the wrong button then it is certainly understandable.
Hahaha..that's why .901 mistakenly pushed,and that was after the the second outage i think...and this is just only my observation(every outage),did ya noticed this:)D)? lol

Edit: Tell me if this is just only coincidence??LOL....Update while on. 901?

Last edited:

dihtn

Reaction score
Fort Wayne, IN - lost data around 1pm EST. Sporadic 3g connection but mostly still down.

3G returned around 4:30pm and is still available this morning-no 4G yet.

lowcel

Reaction score

4G is back here, so if it's working in WV it has to work in everywhere else very soon. We are usually last for everything. Heck, it takes three days for them to pipe sunshine to us. :frown:

kplain

Reaction score
I have only WiFi in Dallas. Wait.... 4GLTE icon just went blue. Go figure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dihtn

Reaction score

4G returned around 9:00am-seems stable.
Just did a speed test - this service is now really rockin'!!!

Download: 41.84 mbps
Upload: 19.41mbps

Last edited:

lowcel

Reaction score
4G returned around 9:00am-seems stable.
Just did a speed test - this service is now really rockin'!!!

Download: 41.84 mbps
Upload: 19.41mbps

Damn that's fast. I just tested and I am getting 8.94 and 3.87. I am inside an office building so that does have some effect on it.

LR1

Reaction score
2 days without any coverage. Western Pa.

1 bar....

Thank god I have wifi.

This is getting frustrating.

Had the phone back at the store, was told that is's a problem with these phones. (which from reading here, it's verizons network)

Have not go an update still got 5.5886.xt875 version.

Tried to do a system update through the settings...I get "check for update not available at this time" .

I have read to a "factory reset" that motorola or something might not have my phone registered?

I am going to be patient cause afterall, really what can we do...nothing. Verizon knows this and takes advantage of this.

What to do...what to do...

KOBALT

Reaction score
Cleveland, Ohio. I'm rocking 2G right now.... Goodbye Bionic, Hello Rezound. :D

GadgetRick

Reaction score
In Jacksonville, FL. Normally EXCELLENT 4G coverage. Over the last month...spotty at best. Went down yesterday evening (all data). Finally back up here.

I have also noticed--as someone else mentioned--issues with battery life since these outages started. Some days I get my normal (better than decent) battery life. However, other days, my battery is down to 20% by 1:00pm. I'm not using it any more/less on these days. I'm guessing it's got to do with the outages. I hope that's what it is.

Been with vz for 10+ years. This is the first time I've become frustrated with their service. I'm hoping they get this straightened out quickly as I really like vz better than the other crooks out there.

Reaction score
If you would have read (and understood) the post you are quoting, you would have seen my point of Verizon Wireless working on their network to make 4G solid. I did read all your posts. And, I am saying stop complaining and go back to AT&T so your not on my network, saturating the air ways with more complaining.

Well, this certainly was a helpful contribution to the discussion. :clap: