Verizon early upgrade promotion????

zfly9

Reaction score
Anyone try this yet? Promotion starts today.

I just got a call today from BestBuy saying I opted in to be notified when I was elidgeble for an upgrade (which I never did). I attempted to buy the phone there on the release date, I assume thats when they got my information.

Either way I got my phone the day it came out just like a lot of you. Now BestBuy is saying I can upgrade. I then went to verizonwireless.com and saw nothing, still says July 2011.

Any comments?

wickedgrip

Reaction score
just called the local verizon store and they explained to me that to be able to get the early upgrade promotion you must have owned your current phone for a min of 12 months, CRAP!

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
just called the local verizon store and they explained to me that to be able to get the early upgrade promotion you must have owned your current phone for a min of 12 months, CRAP!

Doesn't make any sense. I thought you could do an early upgrade after a year anyway. So how is this a special promotion??

tameone

Reaction score

Doesn't make any sense. I thought you could do an early upgrade after a year anyway. So how is this a special promotion??

possibly early upgrade will full NE2 benefits, I.e. fully subsidized phone prices. After 12 months, you only get a partial credit, correct?

bishyaler

Reaction score

Plan primary is eligible to upgrade 1 year from the purchase of their last phone. Thats why they said "minimum of 12 months". They weren't referencing this special promotion at all.

wickedgrip

Reaction score
she was reffering to the early upgrade promotion, that's what she said, the funny thing is that the girl I spoke to was the only one in the whole store who knew about it, everyone else had no clue what the early upgrade promotion is, I went to the store a few hours later cause my girlfriend's sister wanted to use the opportunity but then they told us that the early upgrade is only for the main line on the account which she says falls under the HIGH VALUE customer

dilloff

Reaction score
So, anyone try this card with VZW now that iPhone 4 is out? Just wondering if threatening to jump ship for AT&T iPhone 4 would make you high risk and therefore eligible for early upgrade.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
So, anyone try this card with VZW now that iPhone 4 is out? Just wondering if threatening to jump ship for AT&T iPhone 4 would make you high risk and therefore eligible for early upgrade.

I doubt it. They are gaining a lot more people than they are losing.

lchavez289

Reaction score
Okay guys, here's your answer.
That paper that you are actually seeing is not really all that "secret" or "competitive".
That is our reference guide that we get that tells us what promo is going on currently.
1. As reps, we don't even have an exact list of criteria that is required when getting the "NBA". As reps, honestly we don't even know if you qualify until we pull up your account and look for that NBA flag.
There are so many little things that allow you to qualify for the campaigns that they don't even explain to us.
There's things like, you qualify if you've never had a PDA phone on the line ever before. If you haven't upgraded with a promo offer in 12 months..
Last month we had a conference call about this early upgrade promo..
I'll tell why this promo is going on.
1/2 of customers will qualify for an NBA being for the Palm Promo.
The other half will be able to choose what phone they want to get.
Our current Palm Pre/Pixi Promo is that in store you buy the Palm for $50 and you get the teathering feature 5GB a month for free for the entire time you keep the phone. As reps we are getting spiffs for selling this device. Which means that we are getting paid extra to sell that particular device. So, the more people that we qualify for campaigns, the more palms we sell, the more money we make...
Don't think too far into that paper, we get a new one every month =]
If ya have any more questions, ask.
LC

lchavez289

Reaction score

The primary line can upgrade every year, BUT all the added lines only get every 2 years.

joker402

Reaction score
The early upgrade promo is legit but can only be done through a 1-800 #. I know this because Im an agent and the system I use to upgrade shows that a customer is eligible but I have to redirect them to that number.

Im losing sales and people have to wait to get the phone. Stupid promos lol

lchavez289

Reaction score
The early upgrade promo is legit but can only be done through a 1-800 #. I know this because Im an agent and the system I use to upgrade shows that a customer is eligible but I have to redirect them to that number.

Im losing sales and people have to wait to get the phone. Stupid promos lol
You're not kidding! Our problem right now is we're not really getting a whole lot of NBA early upgrade flags. It's all for the damn Palm Promo. How in the world am I supposed to keep only selling those phones when I rep Droid 100%. I wonder why you have to have the customer call?? Are you indirect or direct?

dmt316

Reaction score
any talk of this promotion happening again?