Verizon early upgrade promotion????

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Saw this on Droid Life. Wonder exactly what group will be eligible for the upgrade.

verizon-early-upgrade-promotion.jpg

EbE404

Reaction score
Well, according to the statement, there are "high risk" and "high value" customer groups.

"High Risk" screams customer retention to me.

"High value"? Not sure about that one. Maybe that's the guy who bought every ridiculously overpriced and proprietary accessory in the store for their current phone, and would probably do do the same thing for the new phone they get (in other words, one of those types who's "born every second")

nyijedi

Reaction score
I wonder if Verizon is afraid of customers defecting to Sprint for the EVO. The timing does fit.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need to find out about the "Excludes customers who used special promotions in the last 12 months" I got an email the beginning of April about upgrading early and used it....but I dont know if it was a special promotion....

719f96aa.jpg

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I need to find out about the "Excludes customers who used special promotions in the last 12 months" I got an email the beginning of April about upgrading early and used it....but I dont know if it was a special promotion....

719f96aa.jpg

I saw this too, i wonder if i apply for being able to upgrade. If i am a "high risk customer" I just might upgrade to the incredible if my parents will let me..

brianr0131

Reaction score

719f96aa.jpg

I don't see a good shot of them upgrading you a month after they just upgraded you. It's still worth a shot though.

shamus

Reaction score
I wonder if this means there will be no new high-end VZW phones until July:(
All this talk about the Shadow has me excited.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Well, according to the statement, there are "high risk" and "high value" customer groups.

"High Risk" screams customer retention to me.

"High value"? Not sure about that one. Maybe that's the guy who bought every ridiculously overpriced and proprietary accessory in the store for their current phone, and would probably do do the same thing for the new phone they get (in other words, one of those types who's "born every second")

I believe that "High Value" means a customer with a voice/text plan of 69.99 or higher.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
brianr:

If they wanna include the Inc. or any newer phones coming out in the sales numbers, I hope they be pressed and let me upgrade again....lol

Last edited:

BSmith

Reaction score
I'd almost take advantage of this, but I'm eligible for an upgrade Sept 6th anyways. I don't think anything out there tops my Droid enough to make it worth losing the potential for a big upgrade in 4 or 5 months.

brianr0131

Reaction score
brianr:

If they wanna include the Inc. or any newer phones coming out in the sales numbers, I hope they be pressed and let me upgrade again....lol

I hope they would let you too and if it was about being nice I'm sure they would :)

But, it's business and they are only gaining one month of loyalty by shelling out roughly $300 bucks for you. I don't see how it makes business sense for them.

Also, they are backordered about 3 weeks on the Droid Incredible they aren't worried about sales numbers.

With that said, I'd still try....you never know what you can get. Good luck!

smcdo123

Reaction score
this could prove either verizon is not getting the iphone which could slag down their network because why have a big promotion close to the release of the rumored droid2/xtreme/shadow whateever phone they are going to throw out at us. Apple will be announcing the iphone 4th gen very soon and when that drops customers are either going to pass or go the android way. Or verizon may be doing this because they do not want everyone flocking to the iphone ( if they get it ) because it could possibly slow their network down. That is also why they want to lock you in to NOT upgrading for 12 months after you use this promotion. i know this may sound dumb but it actually would make the network slowly be able to handle the mass users that could come to verizon. Thats just my two cents i hope verizon gets the iphone cause i would buy it as a second line but i am android all the way and hopefully they dont get it because it could slag down our wonderful network so we can wait till lte is a major go just my thoughts i know alot of people are not ganna agree but

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Hope this works. Gonna try to upgrade everyone one on my family plan. I was thinking of going with Sprint but don't want to give up my loyalty years with Verizon. Plus, I get better service when we visit family out in the middle of nowhere.:heart: