1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon early upgrade promotion????

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Garemlin, May 17, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Saw this on Droid Life. Wonder exactly what group will be eligible for the upgrade.

[​IMG]
  2. EbE404

EbE404 New Member

Well, according to the statement, there are "high risk" and "high value" customer groups.

"High Risk" screams customer retention to me.

"High value"? Not sure about that one. Maybe that's the guy who bought every ridiculously overpriced and proprietary accessory in the store for their current phone, and would probably do do the same thing for the new phone they get (in other words, one of those types who's "born every second")
  3. nyijedi

nyijedi New Member

I wonder if Verizon is afraid of customers defecting to Sprint for the EVO. The timing does fit.
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I need to find out about the "Excludes customers who used special promotions in the last 12 months" I got an email the beginning of April about upgrading early and used it....but I dont know if it was a special promotion....

[​IMG]
  5. Googleaddict

Googleaddict New Member

I saw this too, i wonder if i apply for being able to upgrade. If i am a "high risk customer" I just might upgrade to the incredible if my parents will let me..
  6. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

I don't see a good shot of them upgrading you a month after they just upgraded you. It's still worth a shot though.
  7. shamus

shamus New Member

I wonder if this means there will be no new high-end VZW phones until July:(
    All this talk about the Shadow has me excited.
  8. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

I believe that "High Value" means a customer with a voice/text plan of 69.99 or higher.
  9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

brianr:

If they wanna include the Inc. or any newer phones coming out in the sales numbers, I hope they be pressed and let me upgrade again....lol
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  10. Googleaddict

Googleaddict New Member

I don't know what to do.. Should i upgrade early if im eligible or wait until a 4g device next year?
  11. BSmith

BSmith New Member

I'd almost take advantage of this, but I'm eligible for an upgrade Sept 6th anyways. I don't think anything out there tops my Droid enough to make it worth losing the potential for a big upgrade in 4 or 5 months.
  12. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

I hope they would let you too and if it was about being nice I'm sure they would :)

But, it's business and they are only gaining one month of loyalty by shelling out roughly $300 bucks for you. I don't see how it makes business sense for them.

Also, they are backordered about 3 weeks on the Droid Incredible they aren't worried about sales numbers.

With that said, I'd still try....you never know what you can get. Good luck!
  13. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

is there a link to this? I wanna check this out more.
  14. smcdo123

smcdo123 New Member

this could prove either verizon is not getting the iphone which could slag down their network because why have a big promotion close to the release of the rumored droid2/xtreme/shadow whateever phone they are going to throw out at us. Apple will be announcing the iphone 4th gen very soon and when that drops customers are either going to pass or go the android way. Or verizon may be doing this because they do not want everyone flocking to the iphone ( if they get it ) because it could possibly slow their network down. That is also why they want to lock you in to NOT upgrading for 12 months after you use this promotion. i know this may sound dumb but it actually would make the network slowly be able to handle the mass users that could come to verizon. Thats just my two cents i hope verizon gets the iphone cause i would buy it as a second line but i am android all the way and hopefully they dont get it because it could slag down our wonderful network so we can wait till lte is a major go just my thoughts i know alot of people are not ganna agree but
  15. WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame New Member

Hope this works. Gonna try to upgrade everyone one on my family plan. I was thinking of going with Sprint but don't want to give up my loyalty years with Verizon. Plus, I get better service when we visit family out in the middle of nowhere.:heart:
  16. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I personally think it is because they want to get people locked in for another two years that are nearing the end of their contract within the next 6-8 months. And also put a new gadget in their hands. That keeps them from possibly jumping ship to the iPhone 4g, Evo, or HD2.

I had an Incredible in hand today and was about ready to add a line and buy. The transaction before me was taking a really long time so I was browsing and came across this on Droid Life. Decided to wait the three days on the off chance that I may be eligible. Saves me from adding a line.
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  17. dilloff

dilloff New Member

Keep this thread alive should anyone upgrade who was not previously eligible for upgrade. I purchased the droid in November, but would use this promotion (if possible) to grab the incredible.

I'd say this is Verizon's way of prepping for iPhone battle, but I don't think the dates line up all the way. I thought the rumored iPhone 4g was to be announced at Apple's WWDC June 7th. Wouldn't the phone be available sometime, a few weeks or months, after the announcement? By that time, the promotion would have expired.
  18. tameone

tameone New Member

Only thing that I can imagine would lead VZW to try and lock people in with a promotion would be the new iPhone on AT&T.. whether the dates lineup correctly or not. Every potential smartphone buyer they lock in is one more customer that will not jump ship.
  19. WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame New Member

Very true and with the new advance phone cancellation fee, people will not be able to jump ship without paying a pretty penny.

My wife just informed that her coworkers boyfriend is a manager at a local Verizon store. She said he might be able to upgrade with this promotion and gives a bigger monthly discount on our phone bill.:icon_eek:

Will post update on Saturday.
  20. bishyaler

bishyaler New Member

We need a verizon rep to explain what this all means. Especially what makes a person eligible for that NBA (Next Best Activity) business.... seems to all hinge on that.
Search tags for this page
do they still have a one year partial upgrade at verizon
does verizon do partial upgrades
does verizon give partial upgrades
does verizon wireless offer partial upgrades
early upgrade cell phones
free verizon up grade fee promo code

partial upgrade verizon

verizon early renewal promotion codes

verizon partial upgrade

verizon promo code upgrade fee
verizon upgrade promotion