Verizon Dock...opened up

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Nothing fancy...didn't think there would be. But I have a problem with using things and not knowing whats in them. Here is a shot of the Verizon Dock opened up.

Nothing more than plastic, small cable and a weight.

Last edited:

noisufnoc

Reaction score
wow, really looks like its worth 30 bucks ;)

thanks for ripping it apart for us

brochaos

Reaction score
interesting...kinda hard to see where the magnet is, i always assumed it was on that black tab that sticks up.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I believe that "weight" you call it is actually a magnet to trigger the dock mode. :)

OP
Aaron636r

Aaron636r

Reaction score
No, the magnet is located in the arm that comes up that the back of the droid lays on when its docked. Its just a weight. Tested it to make sure.

brochaos

Reaction score
hmm, that makes sense. it's funny, cuz i bought a "universal" car mount, and put my own magnet in. it appears to be about the same shape and size, but mine was pretty strong, sorta worried me. anyways, the only way i could mount the battery in the right spot was was if i put the magnet perpendicular to how it's supposed to be. yet suprisingly, it still works.

FireDroid

Reaction score
There was a guy who was making ones out of metal and then powder coating! They are solid units and cost the same. I have had it for a couple weeks now and it blows the stock one out of the water and it can be used with a protective case!!

Taina51

Reaction score
Nothing fancy...didn't think there would be. But I have a problem with using things and not knowing whats in them. Here is a shot of the Verizon Dock opened up.

Nothing more than plastic, small cable and a weight.
Wow!!! Did you put it back together again? I like my MM dock but I would like to dimmer it a little more than the dimmer allows. Any suggestions? so far, I have solved the problem by putting a piece of loose wieve cloth on top the phone.:unsure:

MJE

Reaction score
Thanks for the autopsy! I was wondering if it might be possible to push the adaptor up a little higher to allow the use of a skin or hard case on the Droid....

Anyone think this might be possible? I don't have a skin to test it with.

justbob

Reaction score
There was a guy who was making ones out of metal and then powder coating! They are solid units and cost the same. I have had it for a couple weeks now and it blows the stock one out of the water and it can be used with a protective case!!

Some pictures or a link would be appreciated...