Verizon Dock...opened up

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I didn't think there would be alot inside of it to begin with. I love mine, it does what its supposed to do and its solid.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

msblueline

Reaction score
Thanks for the autopsy. I am glad to know what it looks like. Not that I really wondered.

As stated before, it is really solid and does what it is supposed to do.

msblueline

mole'

Reaction score
Thanks for the autopsy! I was wondering if it might be possible to push the adaptor up a little higher to allow the use of a skin or hard case on the Droid....

Anyone think this might be possible? I don't have a skin to test it with.

that is also the thing i dont like about it. you have to take your case off when placing it on the dock. same for the car mount too.

but over all i like it. paid 14.99 for mine at Version.

Netou

Reaction score
thanks for the autopsy! I was wondering if it might be possible to push the adaptor up a little higher to allow the use of a skin or hard case on the droid....

that is also the thing i dont like about it. You have to take your case off when placing it on the dock. Same for the car mount too.

But over all i like it. Paid 14.99 for mine at version.

this!!!!!!!!!!

mole'

Reaction score
thanks for the autopsy! I was wondering if it might be possible to push the adaptor up a little higher to allow the use of a skin or hard case on the droid....

that is also the thing i dont like about it. You have to take your case off when placing it on the dock. Same for the car mount too.

But over all i like it. Paid 14.99 for mine at version.

this!!!!!!!!!!

Lulz.....

i <3 joooooooo

moosc

Reaction score
Nothing fancy...didn't think there would be. But I have a problem with using things and not knowing whats in them. Here is a shot of the Verizon Dock opened up.

Nothing more than plastic, small cable and a weight.
Wow!!! Did you put it back together again? I like my MM dock but I would like to dimmer it a little more than the dimmer allows. Any suggestions? so far, I have solved the problem by putting a piece of loose wieve cloth on top the phone.:unsure:
wow all the mm dock is plastic, i micro usb cable a weight and a magnet no controlling anything. all controls are done on the droid. if you dont like the stock bedside mode go into market and buy bedside app you have 24 hrs i prefer this one over stock one any day. also if your for soft keys stay lit after you plug in your droid to dock power it down let it reboot normally this will kill the for soft keys lights its a bug in the OS.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the keys staying lit.

DONT buy the app from the store - there is a thread here somewhere recently where you can download the APK from the new 2.1 software and it has fantastic new Dock software - dims great etc...

Nothing fancy...didn't think there would be. But I have a problem with using things and not knowing whats in them. Here is a shot of the Verizon Dock opened up.

Nothing more than plastic, small cable and a weight.
Wow!!! Did you put it back together again? I like my MM dock but I would like to dimmer it a little more than the dimmer allows. Any suggestions? so far, I have solved the problem by putting a piece of loose wieve cloth on top the phone.:unsure:
wow all the mm dock is plastic, i micro usb cable a weight and a magnet no controlling anything. all controls are done on the droid. if you dont like the stock bedside mode go into market and buy bedside app you have 24 hrs i prefer this one over stock one any day. also if your for soft keys stay lit after you plug in your droid to dock power it down let it reboot normally this will kill the for soft keys lights its a bug in the OS.

brochaos

Reaction score
just looking at my dock again, if you notice that looking at it from the top, the part that actually holds the phone looks like a black "insert". i bet if we figured out a way to remove this (dremel?) that a seido covered phone would fit right in...

i was hoping it was a snapped in piece, but from the pics, it looks like it is part of the top half.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
haha, if only they had copied Pinnacle on this one:

pinnacle_3.jpg

At least you'd have gotten your money's worth... in lead.

Gizmo with a weight added for extra heft Boing Boing