Verizon Customers With Upgrade Eligibility Before Nov. 15 Can Upgrade to Any Device Now!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I don't work for Verizon directly. I get asked all the time why I don't go work at a Corp store. Being forced to sell things people don't need is the main reason, but the stigma attached to Corp is a big one as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, just like any big corporation from your cable provider to McDonald's, they are ALL required to upsell you products you don't really need. It's how most people make their commission. That being said, when we went in to buy our S5s, and we went in with one thing in our mind, pay full retail for the phone and get out of there. We had already figured out our case situation online. They bring the phones out in this little basket along with two different types of cases and tempered glass screen protectors. I said look, I know you're just doing your job, but I just want to pay for the phones and get out of here. Well sir, let me look at your account and see if I can save you some money. I said, you won't save me any money, were buying our phones outright so we can keep our unlimited plans. Well sir, let me take a look at your data usage and see if I can save you some money. He took one look and was like "oh, yeah ok....ummm yeah I understand. I definitely wouldn't get rid of this plan".
Fortunately that was the last we heard about that. Then he starts talking about the cases. Again I said look, I'm not trying to be rude (which at this point I kinda had to) I said I just want to pay my bill and get out of here. Well, let me just show you this screen protector real fast while your bill is printing. I finally relented and well, the wife walked out with a freaking tempered glass screen protector! lol
FWIW, it was a good decision as I went back a few days later and got one myself. DOH!
Yeah, the pushing of products gets real old, especially with cell providers & cable companies.

tap'n on my S5

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't feel bad talking about the few accessories Costco offers because I know how good the accessories are. I love the glass screen protector on my S5 and the Otterbox. We have the Otterbox for $28 which is tough to beat. I had a member buy an iPhone and not do the tempered screen protector. She came back about a week later with a gouge in her screen, saying that I never offered her the protector or insurance/protection plan. My coworkers laughed because they know I ALWAYS offer the options and make sure people know what happens if you break the phone. She came back again when I was working and practically yelled at me and then proceeded to try and take the demo screen protector off our iPhone out of anger. I'll tell people, look I'm not offering you this plan or accessories because I make money on them ($2, Woo-hoo! Lol), I'm doing it because I believe in the product and don't want you to have to spend up to $300 to replace the screen on your phone.
Unlike many salespeople, I care about customer service!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They tried once to sell me car charger, case and screen protector kit for $50, I grabbed one of their display phones and found exact same Verizon branded kit on eBay for $5. The rep never spoke to me since.

rayoerg

Reaction score
No thanks, I have been with Solavei for almost 2 years now, and I pay $39 for unlimited voice, text and data per month. I love it!!!!!