Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Could it be something related to SVDO? Maybe that's causing the battery drain or something along those lines. Only differences in radio as far as I can tell.

I agree with you I think it is the SVDO!!! That is why Verizon have not been pushing it because it has been causing a lot of havoc with the battery...

Russ2387

Reaction score
Could it be something related to SVDO? Maybe that's causing the battery drain or something along those lines. Only differences in radio as far as I can tell.
I think its a serious hardware issue. I think they just found out they need some hefty processing power behind these LTE devices. Single core wont cut the mustard. Its not the network or the battery its deeper than that.....my wisdom of the day :)

Sent from my Droid

i REALLY hope your wrong. software can be fixed. hardware...... well that's a different story...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Guess this explains the LTE chip missing from the Xoom?

en28so

Reaction score
This is why I chose my droid X, instead of 4g technology. I can wait until they iron all the bugs out of 4g.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

champaned_out

Reaction score
i wonder how HTC feels about all this... verizon delaying their product another couple months could mean less potential sales everyday this thing doesnt get released...
moto samsung lg all are in the works with a dual core phone that should arrive sometime in the 2nd half of this year, or so they say... if thats true, i really dont see the thunderbolt as a phone that would last me 1-2 years... not while more powerful phone are just within months of releasing after the thunderbolt does

i wish this phone was released back in nov or dec right before the holiday rush as a 3g phone... i think this device would of KILLED.. and would of been the perfect phone for those looking for a newer android device on verizon... it literally seems like forever since verizon had a new android device for sale :/

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
i wonder how HTC feels about all this...

Excellent question. I'm wondering that myself. Depends on who's fault the delay ultimately is. They rushed the Xoom a bit, so what's the deal with the TBolt? Not to mention who knows why we never saw the HD Inc?

Can't imagine how it would be a cordial relationship at this point. Somehow I suspect there's a lot of finger pointing behind closed doors.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I dont understand why they wasted all this money on advertising if the phone is still months from being released. I was going to go pre-order the phone today, but now I dont know if it is even worth it to make the trip and waste my time for nothing. Hopefully we will all get a pleasant surprise before the end of the month!

electric6

Reaction score
there is a big verizon 'thunderbolt launch party' on the 15th. That pretty much seals the deal...

metzor

Reaction score
i wonder how HTC feels about all this...

Excellent question. I'm wondering that myself. Depends on who's fault the delay ultimately is. They rushed the Xoom a bit, so what's the deal with the TBolt? Not to mention who knows why we never saw the HD Inc?

Can't imagine how it would be a cordial relationship at this point. Somehow I suspect there's a lot of finger pointing behind closed doors.

According to BMX tweets, Verizon owes a big apology to HTC and BB

electric6

Reaction score
there is a big verizon 'thunderbolt launch party' on the 15th. That pretty much seals the deal...

Where'd you hear/see that?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

somewhere on the droid-life forums. While I wont comment on the obvious as it is off limits right now, but it basically means BMX's original tweet about the whens, wheres, etc was right.

Atook

Reaction score
Guys, guys.. you have it all wrong...

TBolt is gonna be such a gaming phone that it's going to come with 'Duke Nukem Forever' pre-installed. That's the reason it's delayed, it'll probably be out next month.. ;)

Reaction score
one big day?

im willing to bet we wont see the TB until mid april along side the bionic and possibly samsung stealth v all at the same time. think about the glorious day where we see three 4G phones all released on the same day by big red.

en28so

Reaction score
I'm sure glad I went with the Droid X back in December, if not I would have been waiting and waiting for this phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App