Verizon confirmed today that ICS is coming to the BIONIC. No time frame given...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my DROID BIONIC ICS upgrade today, about 2 hours ago. Can't wait to get home and install it. It you find humor in this or don't believe me, dial 611 and ask them if it's available. That's what I DID!!! Besides, who gives a RIP if you believe it OR NOT???

Be aware that all facts and info out there point to ICS not being ready yet for the Bionic, so claims like yours are going to be met with resistance. You also need to be totally sure before you make a claim like that.

I'm curious what's making you think the update you have is ICS?

tkileh

Reaction score
Well lol i guess take some screen shots and show us. Beat way to prove it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Someone seems a little touchy! Man you would be the first to have the true update to blurred ics! With that said... as noted there is plenty of info out there stating the update is not ready... so in turn I thought you were kidding! Hence the "lol". If you got it great for you! But leave the attitude somewhere else...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NorthGuard

Reaction score
if someone has the OTA ICS upgrade, post screen shots please :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Well lol i guess take some screen shots and show us. Beat way to prove it.

I hope you are not signed up for the soak test because if you are then you're in a serious breach of contract at the moment even posting that you received the OTA :icon_ deal:

tkileh

Reaction score
I think what happened is some dumb ass got a rom from a friend and thinks its ics because he said he had to go home and install chances are dude is a complete idiot. Ics is still not here and there is plenty of site's that can prove that. Nuff said.

welsalex

Reaction score
Not to be the bearer of bad news but we all know this already. Dont look for it till the 3rd quarter of the year.
ht2.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

I still hit check for updates anyways haha

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

Reaction score
Yea ics wont push out till late summer by then jelly bean will be out. Which i dont get. They should push the new os when the other devices get it. I doubt jelly bean won't be on any device soon. Since ics is taking forever to come out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
If you look at Motorola lately it's all corporate money decisions... they've got new devices coming this summer with ics so why would they update our older devices when they want us to buy a new one every six months... look at their 4th quarter profits... if they don't realize the errors in their ways pretty soon... we won't have to worry about Motorola smart phones much longer

mikespe

Reaction score
If you look at Motorola lately it's all corporate money decisions... they've got new devices coming this summer with ics so why would they update our older devices when they want us to buy a new one every six months... look at their 4th quarter profits... if they don't realize the errors in their ways pretty soon... we won't have to worry about Motorola smart phones much longer

Well if we're locked into a contract for 2 years then every 6 months can't happen unless we go full price...and THAT's not happening with me! I am so done with Motorola after this phone. They make great phones but their support after the sale is poor at best. I'm trying to get a refurb or near new Galaxy Nexus...unlocked & already has ICS..PLUS fully supported. There are ZERO reasons why they can't release ICS for our Bionics now. The specs are just as good as the Nexus...PLUS a few months ago they said they would unlock the bootloader (the same time HTC announced the same thing. Well HTC kept their promise!

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I feel the same way... but I got all these damn accessories... imma stick with it for awhile and see how well they do with the ICS custom builds... they're pretty close to a solid rom already... the battery life right now is incredible!!

sent from DROID BIONIC running Axiom CM9 ICS build.... DroidForums APP