1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Verizon confirmed today that ICS is coming to the BIONIC. No time frame given...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by dmbatcofc, Mar 6, 2012.

1. dmbatcofc

dmbatcofc New Member

Verizon officially announced today that the BIONIC (along with other devices) is indeed going to see ICS this year. Unfortunately they didn't give a date...
  2. unbesorgt

unbesorgt New Member

For those interested, here is the official announcement: VZW link.
  3. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep New Member

Not to be the bearer of bad news but we all know this already. Dont look for it till the 3rd quarter of the year.
  4. dmbatcofc

dmbatcofc New Member

This was already known prior to today?! I feel like an idiot for posting this now! Can you provide the statements from Verizon and/or Motorola prior to today's announcement please????? Sorry guys/gals
  5. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

6. Phoenixk

Phoenixk New Member

I heard no later then May. This time I believe it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  7. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

We have all heard for over 6 months now that the bionic will get ICS but no one can give a time frame. I've heard January and February and March... Guess what? Still no ICS... At this point I dint even care.. There are ICS roms if you want it so bad. I'm not holding my breath.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC
  8. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

^^Exactly. And there's no way they won't release ICS to the Bionic this year. Yeah it sort of fell into the dust, but it's not forgotten, and it's specs aren't incredibly different from other phones to make giving it ICS such a major challenge. Just relax, download go launcher or something, try a ROM, and wait for it to happen. When the time comes, it will be announced EVERYWHERE.
  9. ppipowerclass

ppipowerclass New Member

The 2 year old Thunderbolt HTC POS is getting it.. But not the Droid X, X2, Droid 2 or 3??? WTF. Verizon playing favorites much? wow.
  10. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

It probably has a lot to do with the hardwares' upgradability... the TBolt was a solid piece of hardware when I had it, I can see why they are able to upgrade it to ICS
  11. PILLMUZIK

PILLMUZIK New Member

I WENT IN TO VERIZON THE OTHER DAY WHEN MY MICROPHONE WHEN OUT AND WHEN THEY SWITCHED OUT MY PHONE MY FRIEND WHO WORKED THERE TOLD ME THE BIONIC WAS RECIEVING ICS NEXT MONTH .I'm LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BECAUSE ONCE THE UPDATE GOES OUT DEVELOPERS LIKE HASHCODE AND DROID THEORY WILL BE ABLE TO FIX THE FFC AND ALSO PULL THE CAMERA AND DELIVER US CUSTOMIZABLE VANILLA ANDROID ON ONE OF THE BEST PHONES....THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO WOULD GET THESE BOOTLOADERS UNLOCKED... COME ON GOOGLE/MOTOROLA....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums .....WWW REVERBNATION.COM/PILLMUZIKGROUP
  12. zirkdog

zirkdog New Member

You heard it here first folks!!! A reliable source says ICS is coming next month.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  13. DB_Tae

DB_Tae New Member

I honestly don't know if you're being sarcastic or not lulz.

1 person likes this.
  14. nateohio

nateohio New Member

Sarcasm all the way man!!!!

On a side note, it amazes me that people actually listen to some random guy when it comes to stuff like this!!!! Until you see it in an official statement from either Moto or VZW don't believe anything you hear from a rep on either side of the house. Most of us on this forum know more about the phones and upgrades coming than any of the reps do!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  15. DB_Tae

DB_Tae New Member

Agreed, too many people are easily persuaded by unofficial announcements. ETAs with technology are never accurate. =[

16. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

What a app developer needs to do is to modify the "Magic 8 Ball" app so you can ask it questions about ETAs and get answers like "Coming out shortly" or "Not until next quarter" in addition to the usual "Check back later."
  17. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Last night when the crescent moon had risen above the zenith I gazed upon the silver lake in the woods behind my house seeking answers about the ICS release date from the Wokathni the ancient spirit of the forest.

His response was:

"Woah unto those who speak unto the dim light souls of yesteryear. Their cries of anguish belittles the merriment of your own quest. Fear not- For all is not yet lost! What you seek lies only in the graven heart of a true warrior."

I'm still not sure if he was pulling my leg (you can never trust forest spirits you know) but it's something at least. Although it did cost me the still warm heart of the great stag, so there IS that...
    2 people like this.
  18. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

WTF did i just read??

okey dokey... that's enough internet for today
  19. melladon

melladon New Member

Bahahah. Well played.

20. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Get so sick of these types of complaints - happens with EVERY device that gets released.

It seems like people would prefer the manufacturers release these new OSes the minute they hit Google's servers. However, i'd venture to say that very few of you have ANY experience coding a new operating system/driver/etc. If they rush this out, IT WON'T WORK. If you thought you had it bad with the launch Bionic OS, i'd venture to say a rushed ICS would be even worse. Better to wait until things are working well, rather than rush things. ICS is NOT so earth shatteringly different that your very existence will change upon its release. It's just another Android version to get used to.

Personally, I am happy with my Bionic as it currently sits. NOT looking forward to ICS (and the inevitable breakage of features).