Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Sorry, I really cannot say I am very impressed with GB on my TB. I experienced it during the first release. This rendition we get for the TB is OK but not great. To be fair, I am thankful for the lack of bugs on the GB release 2. Guess with the ICS release, I want ice cream. Kinda amazing the consumer product life span of smartphones. 7 months and I'm ready for Samsung Galaxy Nexus and ICS.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I love how defensive people get about their phones...

No kidding!!! Like little girls holding their breath and throwing a hissy fit because they don't want to share.
Personally my TBolt worked great before and barely incrementally better with GBread.
Of course if I didn't like the phone, I wouldn't whine like a baby on the internet. I would just replace it and be done with it.

Actually Not defensive about my phone...or any phone for that matter. The point is that dude keeps spewing misinformation. As a matter of fact, my original contribution to this thread was not even toward him.

The misinformation he claims is his phone can do almost what a rooted phone can except rom and tether. Well...the flaw in that logic is...the ROM is what is loaded with features. It varies from ROM to ROM. I can certainly tell you that the stock (or custom rom) sense is NOT capable of lockscreen music controls...nor the ability to skip with volume buttons. I can tell you is is missing lockscreen gestures. I can tell you that in my experience...sense is more a resource hog compared to AOSP. And the fact that AOSP can be run on this phone is awesome.

Sucks for those that have probs...the only probs I really ever had were a few reboots on the OTA verizon sent out a while back before GB. Then...the Texas Giant claimed my TBolt...so that is the only replacement Ive needed.

Im not saying that others have had probs...thats fine. Im simply saying because a person has probs...doesnt mean everyone has them.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
so far I am loving gingerbread, BUT i came across a little BUT bothersome problem. the front facing camera is upside down. besides that. everything seems to be working perfectly, but im back to root, got rid of all my bloatware and flashed a gingerbread kernel for overclocking, but now im considering going back to a sense 3.0 rom until the FFC problem is fixed.

BTW, why is everyone complaining back and forth whether or not they love their phone or hate it? Every phone will have people that hate it or love it, and every phone has and will have their problems. As for me, i absolutely love this phone.

clarc31

Reaction score
Mine has lock screen music controls, use them all the time, pause play next song previous song works pretty well, that probably doesn't count though...

alboboy10

Reaction score

Actually Not defensive about my phone...or any phone for that matter. The point is that dude keeps spewing misinformation. As a matter of fact, my original contribution to this thread was not even toward him.

The misinformation he claims is his phone can do almost what a rooted phone can except rom and tether. Well...the flaw in that logic is...the ROM is what is loaded with features. It varies from ROM to ROM. I can certainly tell you that the stock (or custom rom) sense is NOT capable of lockscreen music controls...nor the ability to skip with volume buttons. I can tell you is is missing lockscreen gestures. I can tell you that in my experience...sense is more a resource hog compared to AOSP. And the fact that AOSP can be run on this phone is awesome.

Sucks for those that have probs...the only probs I really ever had were a few reboots on the OTA verizon sent out a while back before GB. Then...the Texas Giant claimed my TBolt...so that is the only replacement Ive needed.

Im not saying that others have had probs...thats fine. Im simply saying because a person has probs...doesnt mean everyone has them.

Ye you can do all those things you can download apps from the market.

How are you saying I can't when I have? After downloading something from the market not because of my ROM.

Some people push others away from Android with their "you need to root". No you really don't need to. My phone is just as smooth now as when rooted. As I mentioned I miss tether but that's the only feature I miss.

Now though I can have problems with my phone and bring it back.

mat1583

Reaction score
Battery life improved!

I don't really care about the root/unroot debate, but about what the latest OTA has done... it has VASTLY improved the battery life. I've been unplugged since 6am and have checked email a couple dozen times, watched a couple YouTube videos, browsed the Internet for a few minutes, sent a couple dozen SMS, and even transferred a couple photos via blue tooth . I'm still at 75% charge. Either the power meter is lying or this update has done wonders for battery life. Usually I'd be around 50% or less this time of day without putting on the charger.

cbryant1809

Reaction score
Phone still loseing 4g and 3g all the time, voice mail fixed, now phone keeps freezeing up phone calls and internet, and phone signal got worse. Called Verizon and they said another update was comeing in 7- 10 days.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine has lock screen music controls, use them all the time, pause play next song previous song works pretty well, that probably doesn't count though...

Screenshot please. Latest version has this with Pandora? Or are you referring to native HTC music app?

screenshot-1319755847388.png

screenshot-1319756068655.png

screenshot-1319756366498.png

screenshot-1319756601064.png

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ye you can do all those things you can download apps from the market.

How are you saying I can't when I have? After downloading something from the market not because of my ROM.

Some people push others away from Android with their "you need to root". No you really don't need to. My phone is just as smooth now as when rooted. As I mentioned I miss tether but that's the only feature I miss.

Now though I can have problems with my phone and bring it back.

Names of apps please. U can screenshot with sdk no need for root.

Particularly lockscreen gestures. Music controls with volume buttons.

And no you cannot run aosp without root. I'm pretty sure you're not even reading my posts. You can use widget locker but there is the annoying 5 second rule and many times it shows stock lockscreen anyway. Plus its not free.

I can almost garuntee the apps you're about to mention have their flaws. Go ahead though.

Please name the apps that allow lockscreen gestures...aosp configuration ..volume screen off music control...and any other features I mentioned.

Also..you enjoying all the ads on your phone? Lol

For the record I never pushed root on anyone. All I said was I'm not impressed with Verizon's ota updates for this phone and they could not provide us with latest updates as development does. I don't really give two ****s about your phone...or how u like it...in fact wasn't even posting in response to anything you said until you stated the whole root is not better schpiel

clarc31

Reaction score
Native music player, I don't think you mentioned pandora until now, if you did I missed it

alboboy10

Reaction score
Names of apps please. U can screenshot with sdk no need for root.

Particularly lockscreen gestures. Music controls with volume buttons.

And no you cannot run aosp without root. I'm pretty sure you're not even reading my posts. You can use widget locker but there is the annoying 5 second rule and many times it shows stock lockscreen anyway. Plus its not free.

I can almost garuntee the apps you're about to mention have their flaws. Go ahead though.

Please name the apps that allow lockscreen gestures...aosp configuration ..volume screen off music control...and any other features I mentioned.

Also..you enjoying all the ads on your phone? Lol

For the record I never pushed root on anyone. All I said was I'm not impressed with Verizon's ota updates for this phone and they could not provide us with latest updates as development does. I don't really give two ****s about your phone...or how u like it...in fact wasn't even posting in response to anything you said until you stated the whole root is not better schpiel

U can get the apps for free if you really dont wanna pay...:/ and I know its not a good thing to do and we don't discuss it but rooting isn't something that's supposed to be done either.

Ads? what ads? You mean the things I had even when rooted...omg I'm gonna root my phone RIGHT now because I hate ads.

And no that's not what I said...go back and read. Someone mentioned that everyone in this day and age should know how to root and do it...and I said I don't wanna do it to make my phone run properly or whatever that is!

And ill stand by that...is it better to be rooted? Ye. Do I wanna spend time doing it? No.

I want my phone to work properly right out the box. I don't wanna root so my phone can work. Its an expensive phone.

As far as music controls go I just use my volume rocker..I don't need to press anything on the screen.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can only increase or decrease volume with rocker...not skip previous or play pause.

Many pay apps have market check features to prevent pirates. I know widget locker does.

And how do you think u get those apps?...rooted users who paid and copied it from data partition.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I noticed the notification bug is back on mine. Defined as variable volume changes to various notification sounds. This is TB replacement 2. My original TB got OTA with GB round 1. That OTA helped cause the replacement 1. As time guess on, I'm hoping for Bionic or Nexus as my next phone. I'm waiting due to financial shortage.

Now force close happening on Android market.