Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

phil1166

Reaction score
Just updated. Hopefully it fix everything

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
What sucks with your Phone? I have heard a lot of complain about the TB, but I love mine. No issues at all or they are not that bad that it makes me go crazy..

so I guess what do you do with your phone that **** does not work??
I mean I use my phone to check all emails work and home, calendar, watch NFL mobile, and use subsonic to watch or listen to stuff on my home computer and do not have any real problems...

there is not much of lag even when stream movies and NFL network...

I love HTC sense in ways.. the biggest thing I hate is all the bull **** apps that I want gone... but other then that it works great...
would love to hear comments...

Happy that you are one of the lucky ones to not have issues with this phone! I will not be going through and listing all the things that have gone wrong with my phone. In these forums there is more than enough documented instances that this device has performed unacceptable! Know this, it isn't always caused by human error! So to charge blame in that manner is incorrect! I myself am well versed with this phone and I am now on my 4 th! I have educated myself about SDK, ADB, etc etc etc. Rooted my phone, placed many Roms, kernels, radios etc etc etc. I have made themes for my phone etc etc etc. So again I say to you! Before going and making statements about user error, think about what your saying, research the topic and then decide you don't truely know. Thanks

tbolted

Reaction score
Got the notification, turned on wifi, made sure I was connected, started the download. 3G light came back on and the download is taking forever. wtf?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^ true but One should not have to Root in order to have a working phone! Plain and simple! Rooting is not for everyone and for us rooters to keep using this logic is illogical.

People that say that don't know what they're missing.

You shouldn't have to root to have a working phone but on the same logic...just because you have a problem doesn't mean everyone else is.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I got it this morning. I did not get the original gingerbread though. This seems to work well, although the changes appear minor.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

alboboy10

Reaction score
What sucks with your Phone? I have heard a lot of complain about the TB, but I love mine. No issues at all or they are not that bad that it makes me go crazy..

so I guess what do you do with your phone that **** does not work??
I mean I use my phone to check all emails work and home, calendar, watch NFL mobile, and use subsonic to watch or listen to stuff on my home computer and do not have any real problems...

there is not much of lag even when stream movies and NFL network...

I love HTC sense in ways.. the biggest thing I hate is all the bull **** apps that I want gone... but other then that it works great...
would love to hear comments...

If you've heard a lot of people complain then this phone was not all that successful. I'm not mad at my phone but I can't say I didn't expect more. Battery is horrible on 4g.

Verizon makes you pay a lot more for plans and phones than other companies they should make sure everything they get is the best and that's it

Wonmotyme

Reaction score

You shouldn't have to root to have a working phone but on the same logic...just because you have a problem doesn't mean everyone else is.

1 st- received update. Can confirm no dock screen when placed in car dock. GPS lock is faster, within a couple seconds. No sign of lost data, yet. Upload speeds have doubled, download speeds have become 1/5 of my area normal but for now I am going to attribute to a lot of devices using 4g to download update (upload is hopefully indication of better speeds). Been playing around with it and running rather smoothly and battery seems to be holding up better, so far. Time and experimenting will tell.

2nd - I am a person that likes to have complete administrative control and I like to make my device "my device" through customization, so I root my devices but I understand that this does not appeal to the mass population. I also firmly believe that when you buy a product it should work as promoted. For a lot of people, this is not the case. In these instances, they should not have to be the ones to fix the issue. Think of it as you buying a pc new and out of the box it doesn't perform as advertised. Should it be up to you to get it to that point?

alboboy10

Reaction score

Nothing. I was rooted and had a room.

Woopie I got to over clock my phone. Dual core stock phones still are better. I have better GPS signal now than stock. Battery is about the same and I leave my connection on all the time. No screen shots? Don't care for them.

All i'm missing is roms which means more theming options. Well, I don't have the kind of open day now where I can play with my phone for an hour a day. I'm busy. And frankly, don't care that much for phones to waste a valuable hour of my day rooting my phone.

There is no other logic...this phone is decent.

alboboy10

Reaction score
This update really improved my phone. Must admit. Responsive. Battery is better on 3g. And my phone switches from 3g to 4g and back in seconds. GPS is great

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nothing. I was rooted and had a room.

Woopie I got to over clock my phone. Dual core stock phones still are better. I have better GPS signal now than stock. Battery is about the same and I leave my connection on all the time. No screen shots? Don't care for them.

All i'm missing is roms which means more theming options. Well, I don't have the kind of open day now where I can play with my phone for an hour a day. I'm busy. And frankly, don't care that much for phones to waste a valuable hour of my day rooting my phone.

There is no other logic...this phone is decent.

Ok..I don't even overclock much but I do undervolt and have custom kernel. Not my problem that u don't use your phone much. I do. Personally I don't like sense. I can unlock my phone to direct message...camera ...text...call any number in my contacts...open any app..with a single gesture on the lockscreen. I can run aosp on the tbolt...which to me in itself is enough to root. I can tether my xoom wifi on roadtrips....install all kinds of fonts. Completely change the appearance of my ui to my liking. I have lockscreen music controls. Hell...I can skip Pandora or music with volume buttons while screen is off and not take my eyes off the road.

I get software updates months before Verizon releases them. I get 20+ hours on a charge. I have no problem with GPS/navigation.

But yeah...u overclocked and tried roms ..great. its not for u...that's fine but stop acting like rooting borks everything and this long overdue (2.3.4) update is the bees knees....its your opinion but you state it with such confirmation.

armeddroid

Reaction score

The problem with the pulled OTA was officially announced. Not everyone has the problem but the problem exists. So rooting is only an option not a fix. The fix should come from VZ or HTC.