Verizon anounces the 2.1.605.5 OTA update

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ok..I don't even overclock much but I do undervolt and have custom kernel. Not my problem that u don't use your phone much. I do. Personally I don't like sense. I can unlock my phone to direct message...camera ...text...call any number in my contacts...open any app..with a single gesture on the lockscreen. I can run aosp on the tbolt...which to me in itself is enough to root. I can tether my xoom wifi on roadtrips....install all kinds of fonts. Completely change the appearance of my ui to my liking. I have lockscreen music controls. Hell...I can skip Pandora or music with volume buttons while screen is off and not take my eyes off the road.

I get software updates months before Verizon releases them. I get 20+ hours on a charge. I have no problem with GPS/navigation.

But yeah...u overclocked and tried roms ..great. its not for u...that's fine but stop acting like rooting borks everything and this long overdue (2.3.4) update is the bees knees....its your opinion but you state it with such confirmation.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Like I said...too much work. I can do half those things without root except roms and tether

tycedeano

Reaction score
VM Notification is Fixed

Got the update on both Bolts about an hour ago. The VM notification is fixed, but the icon in the top bar looks diffetent (guess we'll have to get used to it). GPS seemed to lock right on. No problems noted so far.

Dolfan

Reaction score
I'm up and running with 2.3.4...all seems well so far...cool!!

Sent via DROID Thunderbolt

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Like I said...too much work. I can do half those things without root except roms and tether

No work is beginning to seem like too much work....I'm surprised you put work into the inaccurate responses that keep coming.

As for tge features i listed...No u can't but nice retort I guess

jseah

Reaction score
This update really improved my phone. Must admit. Responsive. Battery is better on 3g. And my phone switches from 3g to 4g and back in seconds. GPS is great

Boy you ain't kidding about the battery being better on 3G. Came home around 6:30, and had the phone sitting on my desk until now. I just checked my battery widget and the battery history show 0% (yes, zero) battery usage for the past 3-1/2 hours.

tituswife

Reaction score
Nothing here. Think it matters where you live? I'm in central Nebraska.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Mine was updated this morning like I posted previously when I went to "check for updates" the phone just told me that I needed a new update so I clicked ok.... nothing else happened. So I went back to check for updates (it's been about 10 hours I'd guess) and it said none available. I wonder if the phone was automatically pushing the update that I already got?

For the record, my phone has MUCH better battery life. Everything seems better except maybe messages load a little slower but that could be because I haven'ted deleted messages in a looooooong time.

Dolfan

Reaction score
I just got my update.. I must say downloading the 143 mb file in 3 minutes on 4g is awesome!! I will let everyone know if any issues arise.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

No 4G in my area yet....took over an hour here, in fact in canceled once it was going so slow...got it now thu..

Bob

jamestort

Reaction score
Happy that you are one of the lucky ones to not have issues with this phone! I will not be going through and listing all the things that have gone wrong with my phone. In these forums there is more than enough documented instances that this device has performed unacceptable! Know this, it isn't always caused by human error! So to charge blame in that manner is incorrect! I myself am well versed with this phone and I am now on my 4 th! I have educated myself about SDK, ADB, etc etc etc. Rooted my phone, placed many Roms, kernels, radios etc etc etc. I have made themes for my phone etc etc etc. So again I say to you! Before going and making statements about user error, think about what your saying, research the topic and then decide you don't truely know. Thanks

Sorry I did not mean user error.. I was just wondering what kind of things people were using there phones for that they had so many problems?
I guess I do not know all the ways the phone could be used that would caused errors. cause all I use my phone for is to make calls, browse the internet, personal and work emails, watching NFL network, Justin tv, and play games... I dont use regular voice cause I use Google voice for for that..

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I've noticed something that has made a HUGE difference in battery life. The calendar no longer takes up 10% of battery usages.. in fact it doesn't even show up now. Woohoo! Watchdog no longer notifies me that it's being a memory hog either.

clarc31

Reaction score
No work is beginning to seem like too much work....I'm surprised you put work into the inaccurate responses that keep coming.

As for tge features i listed...No u can't but nice retort I guess

I love how defensive people get about their phones...

MTBryan

Reaction score
I love how defensive people get about their phones...

No kidding!!! Like little girls holding their breath and throwing a hissy fit because they don't want to share.
Personally my TBolt worked great before and barely incrementally better with GBread.
Of course if I didn't like the phone, I wouldn't whine like a baby on the internet. I would just replace it and be done with it.