Motorola Droid 2 Global Receiving Update For Bug Fixes

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

Marry Update-mas. This is what the Droid 2 Global owners will be saying when they see this post by Verizon Wireless stating that an update is imminent to fix some of the bugs some devices have been experiencing. The problems range from calling issues (which being a phone, it shouldn’t have) to software issues. Not only does this update try to fix them all, but it improves some other aspects of the devices, and you can see all the changes below:

Improvements:
Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
Device no longer indicates “No Service” after powering up.
Device no longer resets when changing from Global Mode to GSM/UMTS communication.
Device now refreshes the user interface display when switching from GSM/UMTS to Global Mode.
Eliminated the blank screen when dialing the call forwarding string *71.

Other improvements:
Improved audio during voice calls.
Reduced user interface lock-ups.

Now I will call this update, a “global” success ;).

Attachments

• thumb_550_Droid_2_Global_MU[1].png
    thumb_550_Droid_2_Global_MU[1].png
    45 KB · Views: 34,279

everstar80

Reaction score
I've noticed a slight improvement in battery life, but also the overall performance is snappier. Its not drastic, but definitely noticeable. The apps respond quicker and when I went to the market, the new market was there and I'm not rooted.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I got the new market about 2 days ago, but this update has yet to hit my phone. I'll keep checking.

me4droid

Reaction score
How do these updates get to your phone? Do you have to download them or does Verizon send them out? Brand new D2G owner--today, so I am currently a Droid Noob and know absolutely nothing! :)

Reaction score
I started checking to see if the update was available every few hours when I saw this post. It was made available to me yesterday morning. The whole things - from download to install to reboot - took abut 15 minutes.

I have not yet noticed a significant improvement n battery life. What I have noticed - and am very pleased about - is that the quality of audio on phone calls is very much improved. Gone is the talking through a tin can sound quality. It now actually sounds like a decent phone.

This update appears to be a pull as opposed to a push. To check to see if the update is available go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates. If it is available it will pop up, just follow the prompts.

CC