Verizon announces HTC Thunderbolt with March 17th release date

phillyphill39

Reaction score
verizon had it up around 1-2 last night, but they out of contract price was $444, but of course i couldnt get it billed to my account. but of course 20 minutes ago its $599 and i can get that billed to my account :(. Oh well ill have my tb tomorrow, now time to sell this damn iphone.

ace198

Reaction score
I am up getting ready to go to best buy at 10am so i go get coffee and make my way there yayaydancedroid:icon_ banana:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my Thunderbolt over the phone with VZW with overnight delivery. I will have mine in hand tomorrow.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
5:35am here in California, going to need to wait a few hours before 9:00am (when local VW store opens). Ugh. All you lucky East Coast people get it first :)

ke0kie

Reaction score
I'm an existing Verizon Wireless customer, and used my upgrade on the TB.

I upgraded via the Verizon Wireless website, the phone rang up $209.99 with free 2-day shipping (FedEx express).

Here is a paste from the confirmation/invoice they emailed me:

Equipment Upgrade:
1 HTC ThunderBolt $209.99

Included accessories for HTC ThunderBolt:
Standard Lithium Ion Battery, Wall/USB charger,
32GB microSD card, Product Safety Warranty Statement,
Getting Started Guide, Important Consumer Information Brochure

Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
...Free mobile (4g) hotspot till 5/15 is sweet. I live in NYC (4g coverage available), so this should be great. I figure by 5/15, we should be able to root the phone, and I'll install WiFi tether (same as I'm using on my rooted OG Droid).

I'm a productivity user (ie not a game user) so this phone should be great for me, plenty fast, lots of space; I'm really excited about the new device.

Getting used to its size will be interesting, though!

--Scott

Great news dude, the Thunderbolt was rooted a month ago, way before the phone even had an exact launch date! : Thunderbolt gets root and NAND access | Android Central

Reaction score