Verizon officially announces the Verizon Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hey guys wel I just orderd an mhl cable from ebay for the galaxy Sll will it fit the galaxy nexus?

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
STILL NOT listed as a dev phone. <br>
2 different versions of the Moto Razr per VZW request for their boot loader <br>
<br>
And before anyone gives the good old "google would just say to heck with VZW". You REALLLY think Google has any stroke at all in this with a still potentially AT&amp;T -T-Mobile merger? Being that this phone wasn't announced as a dev phone, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see at least a locked boot loader on the VZW Nexus.

As I stated above, Google would have passed on Verizon as they have in the past, if the bootloader was an issue. This is Google's phone that they made to work on Verizon's network, not the other way around.

Need I remind you that Verizon passed on the Nexus One and the Nexus S, for this very reason. Nexus line is for devs and Google is going to keep it that way. If Verizon didn't like that, they wouldn't have got this phone. End of story.

Stop spreading paranoia through the forum.

sajgel

Reaction score
I am currently on an Alltel contract that I have been grandfathered in on, its been the same account for at 8 years. Does this mean that I cannot get the nexus unless I sign a new Verizon contract?

if you currently have a smartphone, that has the unlimited data plan. Then you are grandfathered for that feature. If you dont then your data plan
would be the current 2 gb data plan.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
So anout how much is 2gb? How long would that last? Is it just 2gb for 4g? After we go over that 2gb limit will we get charged extra?

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Any idea if the charging port will be the same for the galaxy nexus as the SGll? I orderd a mhl cable from ebay and im just wondering if itl work

bimmerbill

Reaction score
Sweet, I just qualified for an additional loyalty discount ($30) so will look at this to replace my D1 when it shows up online.

maxwellag

Reaction score
I am really digging the face unlock!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
As I stated above, Google would have passed on Verizon as they have in the past, if the bootloader was an issue. This is Google's phone that they made to work on Verizon's network, not the other way around.

Need I remind you that Verizon passed on the Nexus One and the Nexus S, for this very reason. Nexus line is for devs and Google is going to keep it that way. If Verizon didn't like that, they wouldn't have got this phone. End of story.

Stop spreading paranoia through the forum.

You act like Google made those calls about whether or not VZW would carry the Nexus One and NexusS. When introduced, it was wildly speculated that VZW WOULD in fact get the Nexus S and Nexus1. It never happened. Do you REALLY think that VZW needs any ONE android phone on their network when they're constantly releasing newer higher spec'd devices on a quarterly basis? This isn't the iPhone where there it's a one off product.

As for the fact that the Nexus line is designed for devs, YES it is, but as I said earlier it's not listed as a dev phone. The Xoom was a Google experience device as well and it came with a re-lockable bootloader. I'd consider that a pretty good reason to speculate that this phone may potentially come with something similar. VZW has market share. Google needs them.

Call me paranoid all you want but your straw man argument doesn't counter any of the points I made.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Talked to a rep at the VZW store and he said that I am eligable for a 12 month upgrade in a few days. He said that they stopped offering 12 month upgrades to 2 year contracts, but that only applied to people that started new contracts last February. People already under contract will get the 12 month deal, which I am up for soon.

So I may be able o sell my DX and use the money to buy the Nexus and put that one onto my unlimited plan.