Verizon Announces 5G Roadmap; Field Trials Start in 2016

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those aren't the only people who would benefit. Businesses like ours will be helped by higher/better speeds. Better speeds means larger faster file transfers to guys in the field. Better options for "live" support with video calls and transfers.

Yes those who steal music, software, and movies will get them a little faster but that will never change. But to say that faster speeds wouldn't greatly benefit many many others is really accurate...

I do feel your average "everyday" user will not notice much of a difference. Videos on 4G for the most part don't buffer or stall as well as music.

Note 4tified
Very good point my friend. That very reason is why I choose att and Verizon over the competition. When I need to get crucial information to the right people now cut rate services will not do. I can can tell when people in the field are using Verizon or att or Sprint. Sprint calls break up and drop and good luck getting data sent through Sprint.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Very good point my friend. That very reason is why I choose att and Verizon over the competition. When I need to get crucial information to the right people now cut rate services will not do. I can can tell when people in the field are using Verizon or att or Sprint. Sprint calls break up and drop and good luck getting data sent through Sprint.
We have a few guys on Boost (Sprint) and they really struggle with GPS direction and of course being able to relay info to other guys.

We rely on each other a lot due to the HUGE numbers of things we repair there is just no way for 1 guy to be familiar and efficient with everything so being able to share info and ideas on the go is huge for us.

Note 4tified

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
2015-09-09 13.42.46.png
HAHA. I'm 15 miles from Downtown Cleveland. This is a GOOD day.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've had mid 30's. When I leave here and go towards the Airport I get an XLTE tower.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
View attachment 75494 HAHA. I'm 15 miles from Downtown Cleveland. This is a GOOD day.
Yikes! That's just unacceptable right there!

I think they finally got XLTE up and running on this side of town. I usually get 8-10 at work. It's flying today..
ShV1uZ2.png

rubrsidedown

Reaction score
4G isn't even available everywhere yet.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my New England Telephone rotary dial device.