Verizon 3G Better than my Verizon DSL!!!!

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
With Verizon DSL WiFi
8340ae59.png

With Verizon 3G
4fa6dfce.png

spawn9859

Reaction score
Thats kinda sad LOL I'm getting 5500kbps with wifi and 645kbps with 3G

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How the heck are you getting that fast 3g...the highest I've been up to is 300 kbs...do you live in a small town or something?

kylaris

Reaction score
Best Ive got is 1794 down and 694kb up.
I think it got better with base band upgrade. I don't think it was that fast before the upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of the 2 new basebands, the one ending with .00R gave me better speeds. 2491 down and 758 up. Yall are going in the settings and picking the closest server, right?

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to go with the baseband that gave me the best signal at work, but these speeds you are clocking are fast!!!

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats the funny thing: the .00R one has the better signal at my job....lol

Thats why I try to advise ppl to test all the basebands out, dont just update and stay with it without doing some speed and reception/signal tests first.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
. Yall are going in the settings and picking the closest server, right?

this doesnt always yeild better results...

the closest server to me is Ft Lauderdale but both the Tampa and Atlanta servers give me a significantly faster results on both my phone and from a PC.

Atlanta being consistently faster then the rest.

in theory it should be the other way around i know, but but a network is only as fast as the slowest computer/connection.

OP
Jcshannon05

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I live in a town with about 50 houses maybe. LOL. My town didn't even show on the map until a year ago... Google will show it but mapquest is a no go.

jgumphress

Reaction score
Funny you brought this up today. Last night I went on Amazon and purchased two album downloads from my PC with Verizon. It was taking forever and still on one song of the first album. I thought that I would start the download from my Droid at the same time and just see the diference. Droid won, both albums were downloaded and my PC was still on the second song. I stopped the PC download and pluged in my Droid USB and dropped them over to my PC. Do that with an iCrap phone, ha ha.