using keyboard (only) to navigate in Web sites

jimbo9612

Reaction score
Droid 3 keyboard navigation expert needed:
In using the Droid 3 keyboard to navigate to and within Web sites,what keys should one press?
For a specific example, from the home screen, I can press the down (or up orleft or right) arrrow on the keyboard to get to the browser and, once there,
press the OK key to open the browser,
then I press the magnifying glass key to open the URL bar,
then type in a Web site (such as msn.com),
then the 'return' key; this brings me to the Web site---
but after that, the navigation via keyboard seems to hit a deadend.
I can press the down arrow key, to go down the Web site---
but what about opening up a hot link within the site? How do I do that? I have tried seemingly every key withoutsuccess. For example, at a site like MSNthere are hot links to several stories. How can these be opened using only the keyboard? There must be some key---or combination ofkeys---that would do this.
Maybe someone knows how to do this . . .

Jerminator617

Reaction score
Though I'm not sure as to why you would want to use just the keyboard, instead of the touch screen, when i use the arrow buttons while in the browser it moves around and highlights links with an orange glow, and pushing the OK button selects the link and opens it.

leobg

Reaction score
Shift+arrows will give you a mouse pointer and you can use it to select hyperlinks. Are you trying some sort of webtop use (i.e. attached to external screen)? Simply attach a mouse along with the keyboard and you are set. Mind you scrolling up down isn't very intuitive without the touch screen. To go one screen down in browser you can use spacebar. It is a bit faster than arrow down.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk