Physical keyboard problems.

woody24

Reaction score
I had seen someone else post their issues with their keyboard. Thats how I came to find this forum from Google. But looks like their issue was just with the way they type.

I've had my Droid 3 since July 8th, and just last week, I've started noticing that the keyboard is acting a little weird. Sometimes keys won't press, sometimes 4-5 letters will type just from one press. Sometimes the space bar doesn't work, and sometimes it will just keep adding spaces, until I press another key. The same way the the back arrow. If I misspell a word, and use the directional keys to get to that word, sometimes the back key will keep going until I press another key. Also times, the hidden character screen will pop up with just a single short press of a key. Its getting frustrating as this was the main reason why I've stuck with the droid, coming from the Droid 1.

I did stop into a Verizon store today to show them, and of course, I couldn't type anything that would make it happen. When I told them to try and type, it finally did the spaces until another key was pressed. They couldn't find any issues in their database, so they put me on the phone with a verizon rep. She was going to have me do a factory reset, to which I stopped right there.

But just a while ago, I did do a factory reset, and the issues are still there.

As far as I can tell, the keyboard is still like new. I haven't dropped it. I send maybe 2-3 texts per day, if that even. I use the keyboard, but I know I haven't over-used it yet, especially in only a months time pretty much.

The keys feel good when they click. Its not like I'm missing a key, or holding it down. I'm using it just as I have previously.

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues as me, before I call Verizon back to get a new phone. Most likely a refurbished unit. And I'd rather not get a referb.

dazoe

Reaction score
It happens to me also, I believe its a software problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I have had the spaces problem, besides that solid, but it should just be another bug that can be fixed I bet

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums