Major problems with droid 3. Keyboard...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Xander212, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Xander212

Xander212 New Member

Typing on my Droid 3 pull out keyboard has been deteriorating over the last 2-3 weeks. At first I thought it was sloppy keying on my part however I've observed it ain't my fault:
    -periods have started appearing after words. Not thru double spacing or accidently pressing period key...this is increasing over time...
    -when the period mysteriously appears...more often than not...the cursor takes off & speeds thru line after line of empty space if I'm not careful. Or instead of taking off the mysterious period acts as tab key & I then face 5 or 6 spaces before the next. Word begins (this. Is example & I didn't correct either so you can see it...
    -today many times I have to press the space bar twice for it to work & now some letter keys need double press as well...
    There's more butthiswill do. Typing has. Become hell. I bought the Droid 3for the slide out keyboard. Am I alone with keyboard problems? Can anyone help?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. Bad Kermit

Bad Kermit New Member

Definitely not just you. Both my girlfriend and I are having the exact same problems on two separate Droid 3s.
  3. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

I also have been experiencing problems since day one. I got mine when it came out on the 7th of july. There have been some incidents where the space key and enter key have a mind of their own and end up sending black messages repeatedly until I press the home button

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!
  4. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 New Member

Same issue, a replacement fixed it
  5. BluPhire

BluPhire New Member

I've been having the same problem with my 3 as well. Gets real old, real quick. So just call Verizon and have them send a replacement?
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  6. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 New Member

I went in store, got a replacement on the way in about 10min, eventhough the douchebag phone "guru" couldn't replicate the problem and hinted at the problem being user error
  7. Malvado

They always try to pull that crap on walk ins

8. hauf9301

hauf9301 New Member

Thought I would check in, same issue here. My keyboard slowly started to deteriorate two weeks ago. It would add more spaces then it should, delete more then it should, offer to put it symbols, etc. Some keys failed to register as well. I brought it to a VZW store and it wouldn't happen for them and then sent me on my what and treated me like a liar. Sure enough I got it to happen just before I left the store. They dispatched a replacement with standard shipping but that phone wouldn't activate and my old phone would reactive. VZW tech support couldn't resolve it so they dispatched another phone over night and now this one will not hook up to the 3G signal. I am going to VZW today to let them have it. Seriously? Three phones. I take good care of my phone and the ship me a refurbished phone that someone probably dropped. GAH! :icon_evil:
  9. Bad Kermit

Bad Kermit New Member

Ugh. I hope if it DOES require a replacement I don't get a refurbished one. Is there any chance it's a software issue?
  10. studentbridges23

studentbridges23 New Member

Sounds like it could be a memory issue, as you use your phone more, you install more apps, or run more apps, and the phone starts hanging when you are typing? Try closing all programs and apps running in the background, does it do it more or less when you restart your phone?
  11. Malvado

Its not that. I'm constantly killing apps with a task killer and at first I thought it was google voice since that's what's I use but its not. Its the physical keyboard

12. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 New Member

Mine has gotten worst over the past couple of weeks as well to the point of not wanting to use it anymore. Hopefully an update will fix the issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  13. Unpopularpizza

Unpopularpizza New Member

I have the same problem, my mom got the same phone as me at the same time as well, and her phone doesn't do it, i sat for a long time trying to get her phone to do it and i couldn't get it to do it, meaning its a hardware problem, and my phone would still do it even after i hard reset it, it did it in the little Google account setup login, if i get a new one its possible the replacement will do it, and I also don't want a refurbished phone. im so lost on what to do... i friggen hate going through this crap.

and dangit google didnt restore all my apps!! it put apps I don't use anymore on GAH!!!
  14. xcodybx

xcodybx New Member

I'm having this exact problem on my d2g...... wonder if it's a GB issue?
    I think it's the multi-touch...so I'm going to try and use a different on screen keyboard.
  15. xcodybx

xcodybx New Member

well, just switched to swype, and problem was fixed.
  16. Bad Kermit

Bad Kermit New Member

I think everyone is having issues with the physical keyboard, actually. At least, I am.
  17. xcodybx

xcodybx New Member

I was as well....then when I would close my phone to use on screen, it'd make my phone screen go crazy.
    began using swype and no more physical OR on screen keyboard problems.
    I've tried almost every option possible to trying to fix it... deleted apps. new memory card. re flash. factory resets. data resets. cache clears. battery pulls. manually turning phone on and off. uninstalling updates. and I'm sure I'm missing some more that I did.....
    re flashing worked but only for a little bit, then a week later it began doing the same thing. right when it started to mess up, I managed to make swype my default on screen (while in the middle of my keyboard having a tantrum), and the problem was immediately solved.

I have a d2g though....
  18. Daaz

Daaz New Member

So if i'v rooted and rom'nd this thing, if i flash the stock os... will they still give me new one? this is my biggest / only issue with this phone :C
  19. RySean

RySean New Member

I've been experiencing the same problems, both with stock and custom ROMs. I've already replaced the phone once, and the new one started having the issues. My dad also has a Droid 3, it has always been stock and he's experiencing the same issues. Anyone have a fix for this other than going through the replacement process? It's a pain in the ass...
  20. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

After the update I really haven't had these issues anymore. The spacebar however does stick still.

Sent from my DROID3
Search tags for this page
droid 3 issues
droid 3 keyboard
droid 3 keyboard fix

droid 3 keyboard issues

droid 3 keyboard not working

droid 3 keyboard not working at all

droid 3 keyboard problems

droid 3 problems with keyboard

droid 3 spacebar issue

droid 3 typing issues