Runaway Cursor When Texting

rverginia

Reaction score
When I use the stock text program and the slide out keyboard, the cursor will take off on its own and skip ahead until I press a key to stop it. Sometimes it types periods, other times just spaces. It will also randomly end a sentance and start a new one. is my phone haunted, or defective?

kabeeo

Reaction score
I have the same problem with Go SMS. It doesn't type any characters, just takes off running until I stop it. Just occassionally.

justdanaz

Reaction score
Same with my Droid 3. Cursor just takes off both forward and backwards.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem using a couple of Linux distros so I wonder if this is basically a Linux issue. The indicator is a keypress that is held longer than necessary for one character to appear on the screen will cause the text to repeat until another key is pressed. I've tried to replicate the problem and failed, but It sounds very similar to several issues I've seen in the forum.

akhi216

Reaction score
I installed the leaked update and never had the problem again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jpblock82

Reaction score
Same here, but seems to only have started doing it recently...??? Hope the ota update fixes this...

Sent from my DROID3

duckworth

Reaction score
Same here. Installed leaked update last week and haven't had it happen.
It also fixed the battery life issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

akhi216

Reaction score
"Leaked update?"

Yup. And update for the D3 was pulled from Motorola's servers. Links to the update were on various sites, but it appears that Motorola put it's foot down and had all (most) of the links removed. You could probably find it somewhere on the internet, but you'd have to do a whole lotta digging.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums