Send text messages using keyboard?

Droid360

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to send a text message on the keyboard? OG Droid I just pressed the enter key. This 1 not so much.

Side note: Anyone else find it kind of annoying, when you get a text, and you pull down the notifications, it just says "1 New Message" instead of a actual message?

Thanks

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure it out, since the Arrow/Enter key no longer does the trick like the OG. I liked that feature so much! lol

And yes the notification bar not displaying the actual message feels like a downgrade :( Maybe once we get root, someone could sideload a older SMS App (v2.2 or something) and see if that'll bring back the old way it showed/previewed the message.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I'm using Go SMS Pro for my text messages and there is an option to use the enter key to send a message. I just hate the stock SMS app.

localmuaythai

Reaction score
The stock client used to have an option to enable send on enter?

Just use textsecure like I do =]

MECHANO

Reaction score
All you have to do is arrow over to send and hit ok

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
All you have to do is arrow over to send and hit ok

We know about that....we were talking about a feature similar to the OG Droid, where you would only hit 1 button to send. Since now the enter button just does a paragraph break.

MECHANO

Reaction score
Oh... sorry. I don't mind it too much. There were a lot of times on my og that I sent messages before I was finished by hitting the enter key... I was trying to do a paragraph break...

neilrl79

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that after sending a text and then pressing home button the gray punctuation/suggestion bar stays on the screen until you close the keyboard.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that after sending a text and then pressing home button the gray punctuation/suggestion bar stays on the screen until you close the keyboard.

Yeah, it doesnt have all the time for me though, its like maybe 1 of 10 texts. It's kind of annoying o_O