Using it without activating it?

stanwelks

Reaction score
I just got a new droid and did not activate it. How can I play with it without activating it? When I turned it on it asked me to activate it. I just want to play with it and use wifi to make sure I like it first.

Thanks.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it has to be activated before you can use it, so far i've seen no way around it. But seeing verizon's return policy i don't think it matters if you activate it just to see if you like it. If you do a hard reset it wipes all that off anyways.

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
I just bought it from Best Buy and they told me I could use it without activating it. I just want to make sure I can get all my contacts on it before switching over from my Tour.

Thanks.

Retribution

Reaction score
Uhm I read somewhere that you have to touch the corners going clock wise starting from the top left. So..

top left
top right
bottom right
bottom left

ymmv

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Still, just activate it. Then you CAN get your contacts on it. Install google sync on your tour, then sync your droid to that account and you're done. I'm sure I could get best buy to tell me the droid cups my balls and makes me dinner, but that doesn't make it so. Activating it will not do any harm. If you don't want it take it back. Youc an reactivate your tour online in about 3 minutes.

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
Hi medicTHREE,

Just to clarify:

1. I install Google Synch on the TOUR? Is the software installed on the phone and not my computer?
Google Sync on your mobile phone

2. Somehow the Droid will synch to this account?

Are all of my contacts uploaded to Google and then synched to the Droid this way?

Thanks!

thelion

Reaction score
That is correct. You will set up your google account on your droid and it will sync all of your contacts. Pretty fancy, I think.

Heck, when I had to exchange my Droid due to freezing issues it even synced my apps from my previous Droid...now THAT was impressive.