User error or phone?

Mudd92

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive had my Droid for about 1 / 1.5 months now or so I think. Anyways, since Ive bought the phone I have a few "random" issues. Sometimes the back and home buttons vibrate very hard, I mean you push them you feel in your whole hand, I hope that makes sence?

My next issues are the phone will freeze, I could be texting someone, close the text and the phone just locks up and I have to pull the battery. Ive had to do this about 6 times now since Ive owned the phone.

My next random problem is sometimes when Im in a text I will flip to the keyboard and it will not light up. I will close the screen out, close the board to no avail. It just works the next time, sometimes.

Anyways, all these problems are at random.

I talked to the sales rep I bought the phone through, and through searching and reading through old threads, the salesman did ask me to get the task killer and try it. But alot of people say we dont need it and to not use it. So I dont know what to do. I dont want to lose the DROID I love this phone.

Thanks for any advice or help , Joey.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't download the task killer, it's not going to solve any of your problems.

If I were you, I'd try a factory reset, (back up your apps first :)) Give you a 'out of the box' phone again. Might alleviate your issues.

What are you using for messaging that's freezing?

When you reinstall apps, go one by one and see if the problems occur when a certain app gets installed.

Also, stay away from an Anti-Virus apps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These issues you're experiencing are not normal for a droid. I would do a hard factory reset and see how it performs without any apps. If you still get resets, then you need to get a replacement phone. If not, start adding your apps back in. When the problem starts up again you'll have an idea of what app is causing you problems.

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
Ok, well sorry to be a noob and not search. Could someone tell me how to store my apps, and do a "hard factory reset". The Apps i have are ::

Lookout, Police scanner (will not reinstall), dog whistler, beautiful widgets, brightness level, barcode scanner, backgrounds, Ifight, calculator, droid light, mabilo ringtone, screebl light, pandora, shazam, throttlechoper (will not re-add), radar now, and uninstaller.

I did install task killer before I started this thread, but I will not re-add it.

Thanks for the help!!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did the factory reset help any Mudd92?? Or have you tried that yet? You can back up your apps with Astro File Manager

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
Well I was trying to figure out how to do that, and save all my info like contacts, pics, apps, paid apps. thanks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP all I did was type in Factory Reset Droid in Google.

You can hard reset your Motorola Droid phone if you want clear all of the data off of the device and start fresh. Here’s how it’s done.

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
Ok thanks, how should I go about saving all my pics, contacts and apps? Just hook the phone up to my laptop and copy/paste all the folders?

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
Once I can figure out how to save all my info, i will do this because it just froze up at idle..hope this fixes it.

JCo352

Reaction score
I have none of the problems you're experiencing except for every once in a while i will get a harder than normal vibration from hitting the back or home key, but it's rare, also what is the problem with task killer is it bad for the phone? because i have been using it for a while now

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once I can figure out how to save all my info, i will do this because it just froze up at idle..hope this fixes it.
There are back up options....

I would recommend MyBackUp Pro. It's $4.99 but is a great tool to have (especially if something like this ever happens again.) There is a free version of MyBackUp, but I'm not sure of the differences.

Good luck. Let us know if it works out!

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
Ok well, i got the Mybackup, does it save my images? Im trying to do it but I cant see where it does...

PyroManiac

Reaction score
I had simular issues

Mudd 32,

I have had all of the issues you describe but the overly Zelous vibration.
All of these were solved by a simple battery pull and occurred 1-2 times for me. A task killer like the Free (Advanced task killer) is a great idea, and I have been using it since day 1 I had the phone, and I got the phone on release day. :motdroidvert:

OP
M

Mudd92

Reaction score
thanks guys... so far its been fine. I did charge the phone and turn it off for about an hour and that seems to be good. Ive restarted it before but maybe a nice cool-down was in order? Ill keep it updated.