Minor Issues. Suggestions?

Jokerz

Reaction score
Ok i just have a couple minor issues and wanted to get some input or ideas on what i should do. I just recently installed Smoked Glass V 4.1 and ive been having a couple strange things happen. First thing is now when i turn my phone on it goes through a 3 loop bootloop if that makes any sense. Second thing is sometimes when somebody calls me my phone rings and vibrates but the screen wont turn on and ill have to take my battery out to reboot the phone. So like i said they are just minor issues but i just want to make sure that these minor issues dont turn into major issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'd assume smoked glass is your culprit. have you thought about changing /removing it?

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
Yea i was going to remove it but so far smoked glass is my favorite rom. Any suggestions on what rom i should switch to?

Silver Member
Reaction score
been running stock because i want to avoid these type of issues.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
yea i really dont want to go back to stock and lose all of the cool upgrades i got after rooting my phone. i think i might go back to SR 2.0.5. so far that was the best rom for me

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea i was going to remove it but so far smoked glass is my favorite rom. Any suggestions on what rom i should switch to?

Good question.

On Feb 14, 2010, I installed BB 7.5. and OC to 1000MHz. I've not had one single problem.

The past 10 days or so the developers have released a flurry of new Roms. It is hard to keep with with everything so I decided to let the dust settle before I install a new Rom.

Several in the community have written that they are having great success with Simply Stunning.

Perhaps you should check both.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My first rom is/was Smoked Glass 4.5 and I have had no issues with it at all. That was my biggest problem with rooting was trying to figure out what was the most stable (or one of many that was stable). If 4.5 is indeed better than 4.1 then I wonder why the old one would still be out there. I suppose it is good to have all of them available but I know I wouldn't have much of a desire to install Win95 or Win3.x :)

r-dubya

Reaction score
yea i really dont want to go back to stock and lose all of the cool upgrades i got after rooting my phone. i think i might go back to SR 2.0.5. so far that was the best rom for me

I concur, issues with 2.0.5 have been nonexistent for me.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
Would you mind posting a link for Bugless Beast 7.5?

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
ok so I am now using petes bb V1.1 with live wallpapers and its runs very smooth. I still have the bootloop problem though but i did a little bit of research in another forum and they said that i should try using ChevyNo1's 1.2 Kernel but im having some problems installing it. Anybody have some step by step instructions?