Use to love my Droid Eris

ChuckMonster

Reaction score
Seems that with every update, one just the other day, my phone becomes more and more problematic. My browser just shuts down in the middle of viewing a page, the touch screen seems finicky and my phone will go black in the middle of a call and will not light back up till I hang up. Makes accessing voicemail hard because I cannot access the number pad. I sometimes can't even answer a call and it just seems to get worse with each update. Can my Droid Eris be set back to it's original software version?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems that with every update, one just the other day, my phone becomes more and more problematic. My browser just shuts down in the middle of viewing a page, the touch screen seems finicky and my phone will go black in the middle of a call and will not light back up till I hang up. Makes accessing voicemail hard because I cannot access the number pad. I sometimes can't even answer a call and it just seems to get worse with each update. Can my Droid Eris be set back to it's original software version?

No, but I don't think you're getting the picture right. You probably have apps in your Eris that aren't working well with 2.1.

Have you tried to do a factory data reset? I'm not sure how that's done on the Eris but I'll bet if you do one it will take care of your issues.