USB Website launch issue

pbandy34

Reaction score
I've got the leaked froyo on my Incredible and every time I plug it in to my computer, the damn thing launches a a VCast media manager web page... How do I stop this?

Kard

Reaction score
I've got the leaked froyo on my Incredible and every time I plug it in to my computer, the damn thing launches a a VCast media manager web page... How do I stop this?

Mainly a bump to see if anyone can answer this one yet.

I have the same issue, with a newly purchased HTC Inc from Verizon this past week. I know the Droid users get the motorola process and task bar icon to change this 'feature', but I see nothing of the sort in HTC sync.

This is one of the most annoying issues of the Incredible whenever I plug it in to charge or sync, second only to HTC Sync's background processes on my PC whenever they are started...I think Norton's has less effect on my pc than HTC sync does. And considering the number of times my Inc is plugged in to charge in any given day, this is going to result in a violent temper tantrum by yours truly at some point.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
same issue here!!! I am on with adv. tech support as I type. If they give me a way to stop it I will post! They should NOT be ALLOWED to do anything to my PC that I do not give permission for and I did not give any permission for this

Chris

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Here is the fix thanks to KnightDavid on incredible forums!! Super easy and does the trick

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password is 000000
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
Back out to home

Chris

Kard

Reaction score
Worked beautifully, Chris, thank you for finding that!

Someone should sticky the fix, I'm fairly certain I've seen the question pop up elsewhere.

< issue resolved, can be closed >

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Can't take credit. Someone at incredileforums fixed me up!!
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk