Won't Sync With Computer

MVAC

Reaction score
I went to go sync my phone with the computer (didn't know you had to do this) and it won't sync. The programs can't detect my phone.

I've installed, re-installed, uninstalled the programs but it won't sync. My computer does show that there is new hardware and my phone does charge via computer. I also get the Verizon VCAST Manager running and that detects my phone but the VZACCESS Manager doesn't and when I plug my phone into the computer, it tells me the program isn't detected.

I have the CD that came with it and have tried using that also but nothing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to go sync my phone with the computer (didn't know you had to do this) and it won't sync. The programs can't detect my phone.

I've installed, re-installed, uninstalled the programs but it won't sync. My computer does show that there is new hardware and my phone does charge via computer. I also get the Verizon VCAST Manager running and that detects my phone but the VZACCESS Manager doesn't and when I plug my phone into the computer, it tells me the program isn't detected.

I have the CD that came with it and have tried using that also but nothing.

I don't think you've quite got it right.

You don't sync your phone with the computer. What you do is access the SD card with the computer. When it shows new hardware you should have a drive pop up on your screen. Double click that and you access your SD card.

You sync your phone with Google when you sign in. This would sync your gmail and calendar too. As as far as VZ Access Manager goes I don't believe that works with Google phones, that's more for regular phones.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure when you plug your phone in to your computer you select "disk drive" on your phone (you'll get a popup when it's connected via USB).