**URGENT** Am I bricked?

ramchand917

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got a new Droid X2 a few days ago when my old one started to bootloop (not rooted). Because I could, I rooted this one (using the Droid 3 one-click). I tried flashing a custom ROM (CorteX2), using the "System Recovery" app, which I downloaded from the interwebs. Unfortunately, my phone is now legit bootlooping. It says "Droid" and then displays the little moving eye thing, the screens blacks, and the process repeats again and again (like 20 times in a minute).

What should I do? I want to restore my phone to stock everything, re-root, and flash a custom ROM (ideally Cyanogen, but does that even exist for the DX2 yet?). I know how to root, and I've tried using RSDLite (4.5.3, because 4.6 won't install and 5.0 doesn't recognize my phone). Unfortunately, it keeps failing (without starting) and printing "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. (0x7029); phone connected". Is this a problem with the SBF I'm using (note my phone came with GB2.3.3 pre-installed), or does this mean I'm bricked forever? Can someone explain what I should do (or just post links to some useful guides)?

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ramchand917

littlerick

Reaction score
if you can get back into recovery mode and delete all data and cache (factory data reset) it should work. also what sbf file are you using and what size it it? it may not be unzipped.

OP
R

ramchand917

Reaction score
I did, actually, multiple times. It doesn't seem to work -- I think the problem is in the /root directory, not the /data directory. Is there a way to wipe that too?

ramchand917

sawyers70

Reaction score
Cortex is a froyo rom. You tried to flash it over the gingerbread kernel.

Dumb question but when doing the sbf with rsd, you are putting the phone into rsd mode first right?

You need to power up the phone while pressing the volume up button to put the phone in to rsd mode

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Meticode

Reaction score
I find it really odd RSD Lite isn't working for you. I downloaded the latest version of RSD Lite today along with the latest Motorola Drivers and it worked perfectly fine. I think it's something you're doing. Make sure you get into the right mode before plugging the phone in.

OP
R

ramchand917

Reaction score
Ok, I upgraded to RSDLite 5.3.1, but now it says that it's failing. My phone won't boot into RSD protocol support mode. What do I do?

weldawadyathink

Reaction score
I have the same type of problem.
I rooted ota gingerbread with motooneclick and it worked perfectly. I accidentally used the clockworkmod for the atrix. When I tried to boot into recovery it shows the moto icon and says ' unable to boot 2 starting rds mode' and does nothing for like an hour. Please help, I'm new to android and bad at programming. I don't care if I'm at stock froyo with nothing. I want my phone back

sawyers70

Reaction score
I have the same type of problem.
I rooted ota gingerbread with motooneclick and it worked perfectly. I accidentally used the clockworkmod for the atrix. When I tried to boot into recovery it shows the moto icon and says ' unable to boot 2 starting rds mode' and does nothing for like an hour. Please help, I'm new to android and bad at programming. I don't care if I'm at stock froyo with nothing. I want my phone back

You need to search for how to sbf your phone. there are multiple threads on the side and over at xda developers.
the good news is your phone is not a brick you can either SBF back to froyo for gingerbreadkernel stock.
You will need a computer a usb cord the motorola drivers and rsd lite

weldawadyathink

Reaction score
You need to search for how to sbf your phone. there are multiple threads on the side and over at xda developers.
the good news is your phone is not a brick you can either SBF back to froyo for gingerbreadkernel stock.
You will need a computer a usb cord the motorola drivers and rsd lite
when i try to do the power/volume combo it doesnt work, but when i boot normally it shows:
failed to boot 2
starting RSD mode
moto icon
dual core
technology

but rsd lite still doesnt see it

sawyers70

Reaction score
Did you guys get your phones back up and running?

If you sbf back to froyo you should get the ota gingerbread update pushed to your phone. Then just use the 1 click root method to root it again.

weldawadyathink

Reaction score
I gingerbroke froyo and updated to pre rooted gingerbread and loved it. Verizon pushed me an update and when I installed it, I no longer had root access. I updated superuser and used motooneclick but, when I try to use a root app it says no root found with no superuser popup