Brick!!! Help!

ayatesdx

Reaction score
my phone is bricked. Ive tried everything it feels like. I got a boot loop. I have gone into both the clockworkmod recovery menu and the android recovery menu. Cleared caches and even tried the factory resets. NOTHING! I also tried using SDF Lite and a .sbf file. It gets through one process, starts a second one then says a 0% then says "failed flashing process. failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected."

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Go to this thread--->maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip <---download the files included there, and then follow ALL THE INCLUDED STEPS. You arent bricked if the phone will still boot into either Android Recovery or Clockwork Mod Recovery...

Did you make a back-up at any point? What were you doing in order to get to this point where you are right now?

What is the System Build of your OS? What version were you trying to SBF back to?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 maderstcok will work if you can still get into clockwork recovery
As far as the SBF flashing it sounds like you don't have the drivers installed, mader has a link in the SBF guide to the drivers from moto

OP
ayatesdx

ayatesdx

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am all set now just put a new sbf on it and its working like a champ!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am all set now just put a new sbf on it and its working like a champ!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Cool...glad ya got back on the road.

If ya really feel froggy, jump over to maderschrams thread and throw him a thanks, or just send him PM...Im sure he would appreciate it...:)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
man........ bagz i was clicking on it and wow you jumped right in and beat me! glad you got it back......... now get on and get that sucker running hard! (which i still need to do!)

Hehehehe....I`m Ninja quick when I first get home...:ph34r:

mikey4226

Reaction score
On a few occasions, i've tried to use maderstock when I was still able to get into clockwork, but it has always failed. I tried redownloading the file, and I checked the file size to make sure it was the exact same size as on maderschram's post, but it still didn't work. Here is the error message I get when I try to run the .zip:

Assert failed: package_extract_file("system.img"
, "/tmp/system.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/Root_files/ROMs/maderstock340.zip
(status 7)

Any ideas? I would love a quicker alternative to SBFing every time.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
On a few occasions, i've tried to use maderstock when I was still able to get into clockwork, but it has always failed. I tried redownloading the file, and I checked the file size to make sure it was the exact same size as on maderschram's post, but it still didn't work. Here is the error message I get when I try to run the .zip:

, "/tmp/system.img")
(status 7)

Have you PM`d maderschram and asked him? I only ask since he has the most experience with this file...but others may know as well.

I personally do not know the answer...although there is an option in Clockwork Mod to "toggle script asserts"..dont know if these 2 things are actually linked though...sorry.

mikey4226

Reaction score

, "/tmp/system.img")
(status 7)

Have you PM`d maderschram and asked him? I only ask since he has the most experience with this file...but others may know as well.

I personally do not know the answer...although there is an option in Clockwork Mod to "toggle script asserts"..dont know if these 2 things are actually linked though...sorry.

Not yet, I was planning on checking with the masses first before I sent him a PM, but I guess I should probably just go straight to the source. Thanks!

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like you are trying to run it as an update.zip, it's not signed by moto so you won't be able to load it like that. Just run it like a ROM, install zip from sdcard>choose zip>maderstcok

mikey4226

Reaction score
That was what I was doing. I PM'd maderschramm and he suggested moving it to the main root of my sdcard, so I'm going to give that a try right now.