Upgrading soon...

andreah1

Reaction score
FYI - I have also posted a similar post in the S4 forum. My hubs and I are upgrading next month, we both have the Bionic and quite honestly I'm absolutely thrilled to finally get rid of it. It's been two years of continuous slowness, rebooting because of lock ups, quick draining battery with most stuff shut down on the phone. Happens on both of our phones so it's not just me. Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic, it's not like the phone is unuseable, just tired of the seconds of waiting for an app to open, etc. Not 2 seconds....more like 15-20-25 seconds every time. Sucks.
Anyhow, looking at the S4 and maybe some of the new droid's coming out in the next month or so. Anyone want to chime in with what they've gotten recently or plan on getting because of reviews? I'm afraid of buying another motorola and being in the same situation but also like the familiarity that I have with them now. Do you think their new models will be A LOT better? What do you think about the S4?
Only think I'm a little leery on the S4 is the size, boy, it's pretty big compared to the bionic! Pretty soon we'll all be using tablets as phones up next to our ear, lol!

jadesaber2

Reaction score
I'm planning on picking up the Moto X when it comes out. $300 off contract, so I get to keep unlimited data.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Upgraded to the s4 from my Nexus 3 weeks ago, no regret at all. This is hands down the best device I've used. Also it's the best stock experience device I've ever used, and to this day it still remains stock, well stock rooted. The experience out the box is fantastic and I haven't even considered throwing a ROM on this thing the past 3 weeks, and that's coming from a former "flash-o-holic" who probably would've been through at least 2 ROMs by now.

If I were you I'd definitely wait a bit, but if you went with the "older" s4, I think you wouldn't regret it either. This phone is a powerhouse and will definitely keep you happy the next 2yrs, if not longer.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
There's an "older" S4 and a newer one? Ugh. I was hoping that if I go with the S4 that maybe next month being back to school they'll have some kind of deal on two of them at once. :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There's an "older" S4 and a newer one? Ugh. I was hoping that if I go with the S4 that maybe next month being back to school they'll have some kind of deal on two of them at once. :)
I say "older" because it's been out for awhile now. With the newer Moto devices coming out, many would consider the s4 to be less new and "older".

deduct

Reaction score
I'm planning on picking up the Moto X when it comes out. $300 off contract, so I get to keep unlimited data.

Same here buddy. Can't wait to have that phone. Looks just right for me personally. And that price off contract is icing on the cake.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
This bionic has been more than good to me. I'm looking forward to the droid maxx personally. I think it has the best combination of hardware and software over HTC and Sammy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Droichuck

Reaction score
I'll be moving on to the Galaxy Note 2 in a few days. Bought a used one, to stay on the unlimited plan.

There are several new Moto's coming on 8/20 that really look good, but but I can't see the expense of bumping my plan, new contract and being limited to being able to move on.

Does anyone know if I can just change the sim card from my bionic to the note, and then just active it?

deduct

Reaction score
I'll be moving on to the Galaxy Note 2 in a few days. Bought a used one, to stay on the unlimited plan.

There are several new Moto's coming on 8/20 that really look good, but but I can't see the expense of bumping my plan, new contract and being limited to being able to move on.

Does anyone know if I can just change the sim card from my bionic to the note, and then just active it?

I believe its a smaller sim card for the note 2 than what is in your bionic. Just call Verizon when you get it and they will help you activate the note 2. Nice phone by the way. My mom has it and she loves it.

JohnFH

Reaction score

Former Bionic owner here: The official Verizon stores don't charge for SIM cards, but the VZW franchises sometimes do charge.