Galaxy S3 vs Bionic

quadtronix

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering switching to the SGS3 when and if it comes to vzw but to be honest... i can't say why. I love the bionic but if the SGS3 has quad core power+LTE on VZW i may want to switch. Other than the quad core i can't see any other good reasons plus i would probably be paying full retail price as i dont have an upgrade anytime soon. Should i stick with the Bionic? Any reasons to get the Galaxy? Do you all think the SGS3 will have quad on Verizon? Thanks for your input... oh and if the sgs3 has snapdragon s4 i may still be interested as the s4 with its krait cores is a monster even @ dual core... thanks again.

Caesars

Reaction score
Wouldn't switch until you're sure the G3 isn't full of issues upon issues upon issues, always good to wait a bit. With how slow updates are WAITING is good lol :)

Suuperflie

Reaction score
You're always going to want the next big thing. After you buy the s3 are you going to buy the next new phone because it'll be faster? Personally I'd use the money for something you need more if you have the dough to throw away.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
Suuperflie said:
You're always going to want the next big thing. After you buy the s3 are you going to buy the next new phone because it'll be faster? Personally I'd use the money for something you need more if you have the dough to throw away.

I think you're right... I don't really see any good reasons to upgrade and soon there will be phones like the HTC zeta with over 2 ghz and Tegra 4 phones with Wayne and keplar so I see your point. I probably will stick with the bionic. By the time my contract is up there should be some really sweet tech out by then! Lol. Plus I don't really have the $ to throw away. Just was wondering what u all thought. :)

droidxd00d

Reaction score
The s3 isn't getting the quad core if it comes to VZW most likely.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
The s3 isn't getting the quad core if it comes to VZW most likely.

The problem was tegra 3s quad core chip didnt work nice with LTE, so they are going to release Tegra 3 LTE chips. But Samsungs Exynos processor may or may not, were not sure yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am still fine with dual-core on my PC, don't think I need Quad-core on my phone *LOL*

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
Just read about an LG Eclipse 4G Lte coming out with 4 krait snapdragon s4 cores and Lte! Ha! Cant wait to learn more...

locofocos

Reaction score
I've been asking myself the same question. The bootloader on the bionic is my big issue. If the S3 has an open bootloader, I might consider buying it full retail too. The only reason I got the bionic was because motorola promised us an unlocking solution in 2011.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i will upgrade my phone when i get my upgrade in 4 months till then i love my bionic. and by that time the phones out with quad core and all that jazz will have smoothed out the bumps by then i hope...

threefacesofg

Reaction score
Currently on the leaked .232 ics build, (rooted via motofail) and i got to say, i'm really liking my bionic. 1.2ghz dual core + ics really makes a difference in both performance and aesthetics. This phone will definitely get an extended life once the official ics arrives.

brianjr1

Reaction score
Truthfully, the third and fourth cores aren't really even being used... the software hasn't been optimized for anything past dual core. I'd just wait for the next batch of Nexus phones to come out (should be later this year) and then go with that if the bootloader is really an issue.

threefacesofg

Reaction score
Truthfully, the third and fourth cores aren't really even being used... the software hasn't been optimized for anything past dual core. I'd just wait for the next batch of Nexus phones to come out (should be later this year) and then go with that if the bootloader is really an issue.

I agree. Though the U.S. version of the SG3 comes with a 1.5ghz dual-core processor (2gb ram), the Bionic will have 1.2ghz dual-core with the ICS update. It is afterall, the same exact processor used in the RAZR. Like I said, the Bionic will be a whole different beast with the ICS software, once it becomes official.