Galaxy S3 vs Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by quadtronix, May 13, 2012.

1. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

I'm strongly considering switching to the SGS3 when and if it comes to vzw but to be honest... i can't say why. I love the bionic but if the SGS3 has quad core power+LTE on VZW i may want to switch. Other than the quad core i can't see any other good reasons plus i would probably be paying full retail price as i dont have an upgrade anytime soon. Should i stick with the Bionic? Any reasons to get the Galaxy? Do you all think the SGS3 will have quad on Verizon? Thanks for your input... oh and if the sgs3 has snapdragon s4 i may still be interested as the s4 with its krait cores is a monster even @ dual core... thanks again.
  2. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Wouldn't switch until you're sure the G3 isn't full of issues upon issues upon issues, always good to wait a bit. With how slow updates are WAITING is good lol :)
  3. Suuperflie

Suuperflie New Member

You're always going to want the next big thing. After you buy the s3 are you going to buy the next new phone because it'll be faster? Personally I'd use the money for something you need more if you have the dough to throw away.
  4. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

I think you're right... I don't really see any good reasons to upgrade and soon there will be phones like the HTC zeta with over 2 ghz and Tegra 4 phones with Wayne and keplar so I see your point. I probably will stick with the bionic. By the time my contract is up there should be some really sweet tech out by then! Lol. Plus I don't really have the $ to throw away. Just was wondering what u all thought. :)
  5. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

The s3 isn't getting the quad core if it comes to VZW most likely.
  6. JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101 New Member

The problem was tegra 3s quad core chip didnt work nice with LTE, so they are going to release Tegra 3 LTE chips. But Samsungs Exynos processor may or may not, were not sure yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  7. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I am still fine with dual-core on my PC, don't think I need Quad-core on my phone *LOL*
  8. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

Lol I like my 8 core PC
    1 person likes this.
  9. nateohio

nateohio New Member

I agree!
  10. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

Just read about an LG Eclipse 4G Lte coming out with 4 krait snapdragon s4 cores and Lte! Ha! Cant wait to learn more...
  11. locofocos

locofocos New Member

I've been asking myself the same question. The bootloader on the bionic is my big issue. If the S3 has an open bootloader, I might consider buying it full retail too. The only reason I got the bionic was because motorola promised us an unlocking solution in 2011.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  12. TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT Member

i will upgrade my phone when i get my upgrade in 4 months till then i love my bionic. and by that time the phones out with quad core and all that jazz will have smoothed out the bumps by then i hope...
  13. threefacesofg

threefacesofg New Member

Currently on the leaked .232 ics build, (rooted via motofail) and i got to say, i'm really liking my bionic. 1.2ghz dual core + ics really makes a difference in both performance and aesthetics. This phone will definitely get an extended life once the official ics arrives.
  14. brianjr1

brianjr1 New Member

Truthfully, the third and fourth cores aren't really even being used... the software hasn't been optimized for anything past dual core. I'd just wait for the next batch of Nexus phones to come out (should be later this year) and then go with that if the bootloader is really an issue.
  15. threefacesofg

threefacesofg New Member

I agree. Though the U.S. version of the SG3 comes with a 1.5ghz dual-core processor (2gb ram), the Bionic will have 1.2ghz dual-core with the ICS update. It is afterall, the same exact processor used in the RAZR. Like I said, the Bionic will be a whole different beast with the ICS software, once it becomes official.
  16. BroidDrionic

BroidDrionic New Member

Well ics hasn't bumped me up to 1.2 yet, I sure hope it does someday though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  17. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL New Member

Yeah my Bionic is beastin now. Compared to my GFs nexus this feels faster and my quadrant scores are higher, not to mention better radio and build quality for a phone a few months older then a Nexus.
  18. threefacesofg

threefacesofg New Member

Part of the ICS build incorporates the processor overclock to 1.2ghz (just like the RAZR). If you've installed the (un)official leaked Bionic ICS from cheesecake, than you're processor is running @ 1.2ghz. If you want proof, root your phone and install JRummy's ROM Toolbox. Under "CPU control", it will display CPU MAX @ 1200Mhz
  19. merickk

merickk New Member

Not everyone has gotten 1.2. There are a lot of people that still only have 1.0ghz.
  20. TronBionic

TronBionic New Member

My plan right now (and plans can change) is to wait out my contract till 2013 (LOL) and then see what's available at that point. At the rate that SOC tech is improving right now I just can't see justifying a purchase this expensive even if the Verizon GS3 does have 2 GB of RAM. Maybe if my contract was up now... but it's not. Those new Nexus phones may turn out to be really sweet and then there's the Droid Razr HD, the LG Eclipse 4G LTE(quad core snapdragon I believe???), the HTC Zeta, the Note 2 and so on. It's going to be a tough call for me when the time comes to upgrade... For now though I'm looking forward to ICS officially coming OTA to my Bionic. :) Already have it in tablet form... ICS is awesome! I hope it overclocks my Bionic to 1.2 GHz too! Maybe that will speed up performance on my lapdock but even if not the lapdock is pretty responsive from my short experience with it ($50 at verizon). Also with Jelly Bean out now and everything, the GS3 is looking a little bit less attractive not to mention that engadget was not very impressed with the touchwiz experience either. The GS3 is a pretty good phone don't get me wrong... but I don't think it's for me.
Search tags for this page
bionic vs s3
compare droid bionic and samsung g3
droid bionic versus samsung iii

droid bionic vs galaxy s3

droid bionic vs samsung galaxy s3

galaxy s3 vs bionic

galaxy s3 vs droid bionic

motorola droid bionic vs galaxy s3
motorola droid bionic vs samsung galaxy s3
s3 vs bionic
s3 vs. bionic