S3 international vs US version...

justdhutch

Reaction score
Well it looks like we get screwed out of the quad core cpu (1gb ram) since it wont work with LTE. So instead we get a dual core with 2gb of ram. Also from what it looks like, the quad core version has a Mali-400 MP4 GPU and the US version has a Adreno 225 GPU.
If you read the results here it looks like we will be getting a MUCH better gpu at least. If verizon doesn't kill my grandfathered data, I will be pre-ordering one. :icon_ lala:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its already been discussed that vzw will not force you into tiered data if you reorder this device. If you don't reorder, that's another story... one we just don't know the ending to.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
I called and talked to a rep at verizon and she said she talked to her boss who "knows things" and he said if you already have a data package, then you will be ok on grandfathered in. What they didn't specify when I asked, is if you only have a 3g data package currently, if you go to a 4g package after getting the s3, if you lose your unlimited. They wouldn't answer me on that fact.

Of course if you don't have a data package on a secondary family plan phone and you get the s3, that will not be unlimited. But, they are in the works on a "family shared data plan" but aren't sure when they will start it.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
This is already being discussed in length here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208835
[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

60+ pages of people talking about something that doesn't have many facts yet.

Back to my point though...Will the US s3 be able to out benchmark the international s3 because of the better GPU and more ram? I doubt the ram will help much on a graphics benchmark, but the GPU looks very promising.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Benchmarks mean nothing. What will it do when running the applications you like to run is a better question.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
tech_head said:
Benchmarks mean nothing. What will it do when running the applications you like to run is a better question.

It means something if the application I like to run is a high end graphics game.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just want to know if the US version will be thicker like they did with the Galaxy Nexus..

jackholl92

Reaction score
I upgraded to 4g razr maxx

I called and talked to a rep at verizon and she said she talked to her boss who "knows things" and he said if you already have a data package, then you will be ok on grandfathered in. What they didn't specify when I asked, is if you only have a 3g data package currently, if you go to a 4g package after getting the s3, if you lose your unlimited. They wouldn't answer me on that fact.

Of course if you don't have a data package on a secondary family plan phone and you get the s3, that will not be unlimited. But, they are in the works on a "family shared data plan" but aren't sure when they will start it.

I upgraded to razor maxx from 3g and kept unlimited when it is unlimited it just is at any speed unlike T-Mobile.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score

I just pre ordered and I am coming from a fascinate. On the order confirmation I have unlimited for 30.00 so it seems I am safe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

skennelly

Reaction score
What they didn't specify when I asked, is if you only have a 3g data package currently, if you go to a 4g package after getting the s3, if you lose your unlimited. They wouldn't answer me on that fact.

There is no 3g/4g data package. Data is data irregardless of its speed.

Genetic Droid

Reaction score
There is no 3g/4g data package. Data is data irregardless of its speed.

Its a difference in feature codes they have to add and delete to your account to let 4g connect to a 4g device.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2