May 2013 envision

wseyller

Reaction score
This thread is for the individuals that expect to purchase the Bionic around expect September release.

In 20 months we will have available our next upgrade. What do you think you will see in your next smart phone? What new hardware specs, capabilities, do you think we will see? What will the Android OS of that time be like?

I have some ideas but what does everyone else think?

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
This thread is for the individuals that expect to purchase the Bionic around expect September release.

In 20 months we will have available our next upgrade. What do you think you will see in your next smart phone? What new hardware specs, capabilities, do you think we will see? What will the Android OS of that time be like?

I have some ideas but what does everyone else think?

If it doesn't make me breakfast, I'm going to be pissed.

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the longest time, I would have predicted that phones would end up closer to just a device that fit into your ear about the size of a blue tooth ear-piece and were completely voice controlled (seen similar devices in a lot of future based shows/movies... I think they used them in scenes from the future on Fringe). But it seems in the past couple years the trend of ever shrinking devices has reversed with the introduction into mobile media and people wanting to be able to watch movies/TV on the go. What I would like to see is something with the display integrated into a pair of glasses and a single ear piece like this, but a bit more sexy-fied and designed in such a way that the phone can work without the screen if I'm just wanting to make calls.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Moores Law states that technology will double every 18 months so I'll expect to see a 2Ghz quad core processor and 2GB of RAM. But if it's on Verizon we'll have to wait an extra 9 months ;)

laxman3722

Reaction score
We wont have phones... they will be our own R2D2's. Beep Bleep Boop

bardol

Reaction score
Well you will have to go into a Verizon Wireless authorized surgeon and get a small screen implanted onto your retina as well as a microchip implanted somewhere into your brain.

That would make a nice successor to the Bionic, literally

nikecar

Reaction score
if I could tell what would happen in two years, I'd invest in the stock market more now than ever. I'd also play the lottery a bit more.

CaptM

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Control, Agent 86, Shoe Phone.

:)

Last edited:

Tillmorn

Reaction score
For the longest time, I would have predicted that phones would end up closer to just a device that fit into your ear about the size of a blue tooth ear-piece and were completely voice controlled (seen similar devices in a lot of future based shows/movies... I think they used them in scenes from the future on Fringe). But it seems in the past couple years the trend of ever shrinking devices has reversed with the introduction into mobile media and people wanting to be able to watch movies/TV on the go. What I would like to see is something with the display integrated into a pair of glasses and a single ear piece like this, but a bit more sexy-fied and designed in such a way that the phone can work without the screen if I'm just wanting to make calls.

This, more or less. I don't think we will be as close to the whole implant deal as others are suggesting, but this, definitely. But if we're wanting to really future...ize things, I'd say some sort of mini-projector that projects an image of whatever you're doing as well as a keyboard that can pick out your keystrokes mid-air.

To be completely honest, while I will be picking up the Bionic, there's a good chance I'll turn around and sell it should something come out in the next few months that really blows it away. Time will tell.

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Not sure how many have Watch Futurama but I remember and episode that mocked an iphone but it was an implant that went up in their eye lid. They install it at the store. Everyone would see a holographic projection. The company selling the phones would spam with adds and who ever had the most followers would be the victim to deliver a virus that would be used to control the world and everyone would become slaves.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tcayton49

Reaction score
Well, to break from the other posts here and give a serious answer...I think 2 GHZ quad core is possible...with apps that can actually optimize that kind of power. Hopefully we'll have batteries that can go a full 24 hours and with hopefully 3rd or 4th gen LTE radios we should see increased battery life along with much slimmer phones. I also think we'll be pretty close to full 1080p resolutions on screens(although on a display that small that would be total overkill but a good selling point) I especially hope that 3d will be completely erased from existence by then.