Galaxy S3 vs Bionic

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
threefacesofg said:
I agree. Though the U.S. version of the SG3 comes with a 1.5ghz dual-core processor (2gb ram), the Bionic will have 1.2ghz dual-core with the ICS update. It is afterall, the same exact processor used in the RAZR. Like I said, the Bionic will be a whole different beast with the ICS software, once it becomes official.

Well ics hasn't bumped me up to 1.2 yet, I sure hope it does someday though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah my Bionic is beastin now. Compared to my GFs nexus this feels faster and my quadrant scores are higher, not to mention better radio and build quality for a phone a few months older then a Nexus.

threefacesofg

Reaction score
Well ics hasn't bumped me up to 1.2 yet, I sure hope it does someday though!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Part of the ICS build incorporates the processor overclock to 1.2ghz (just like the RAZR). If you've installed the (un)official leaked Bionic ICS from cheesecake, than you're processor is running @ 1.2ghz. If you want proof, root your phone and install JRummy's ROM Toolbox. Under "CPU control", it will display CPU MAX @ 1200Mhz

merickk

Reaction score
Part of the ICS build incorporates the processor overclock to 1.2ghz (just like the RAZR). If you've installed the (un)official leaked Bionic ICS from cheesecake, than you're processor is running @ 1.2ghz. If you want proof, root your phone and install JRummy's ROM Toolbox. Under "CPU control", it will display CPU MAX @ 1200Mhz

Not everyone has gotten 1.2. There are a lot of people that still only have 1.0ghz.

TronBionic

Reaction score
My plan right now (and plans can change) is to wait out my contract till 2013 (LOL) and then see what's available at that point. At the rate that SOC tech is improving right now I just can't see justifying a purchase this expensive even if the Verizon GS3 does have 2 GB of RAM. Maybe if my contract was up now... but it's not. Those new Nexus phones may turn out to be really sweet and then there's the Droid Razr HD, the LG Eclipse 4G LTE(quad core snapdragon I believe???), the HTC Zeta, the Note 2 and so on. It's going to be a tough call for me when the time comes to upgrade... For now though I'm looking forward to ICS officially coming OTA to my Bionic. :) Already have it in tablet form... ICS is awesome! I hope it overclocks my Bionic to 1.2 GHz too! Maybe that will speed up performance on my lapdock but even if not the lapdock is pretty responsive from my short experience with it ($50 at verizon). Also with Jelly Bean out now and everything, the GS3 is looking a little bit less attractive not to mention that engadget was not very impressed with the touchwiz experience either. The GS3 is a pretty good phone don't get me wrong... but I don't think it's for me.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Truthfully, the third and fourth cores aren't really even being used... the software hasn't been optimized for anything past dual core. I'd just wait for the next batch of Nexus phones to come out (should be later this year) and then go with that if the bootloader is really an issue.

I'm pretty sure that ICS is "multi core aware", not "dual core aware". So if nothing else, the OS itself will be able to use the additional cores.

As for the next batch of Nexus devices, I am pretty sure the GNex is the first and last Nexus you'll ever see on Verizon. I don't think Verizon liked the idea from the beginning, and they sure haven't supported it like a Nexus device should be supported.

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that ICS is "multi core aware", not "dual core aware". So if nothing else, the OS itself will be able to use the additional cores.

As for the next batch of Nexus devices, I am pretty sure the GNex is the first and last Nexus you'll ever see on Verizon. I don't think Verizon liked the idea from the beginning, and they sure haven't supported it like a Nexus device should be supported.

I've been hearing that quad core phones w/ ICS are performing really well... in benchmarks and in day to day use scenarios. Everything from UI navigation to video recording, games, web and benchmarks... That's just what I hear though, don't want to argue about it with anyone. IMO though, quad core is the future. Can't wait to get my Nexus 7 Tegra 3 tablet! :)