Upgrade Questions?

droid doctor

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 right now, but if one of my lines has an upgrade could I pay the 2 year price on this phone?

chris215

Reaction score
Yes. If you intend on replacing your Droid 2 through the upgrade from the other line, you only need to transfer the upgrade to your Droid.

liteon163

Reaction score
And if you have unlimited data you want to grandfather in, make the change before June 28th.

menudo18

Reaction score
Yesterday I got two different answers. Yes and no the first rep said because i wouldn't get the phone till after the 28 i would have to go to a tiered plan. I told him that its never bern like that before when i pre-ordered a phone before. The second rep said no problem just order by the 27 th. He said the reps have been asking this question for weeks with no real answers.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
On one of the threads on here a person posted a picture of his new contract showing his purchase of the sg3 and that his unlimited data was on contract for next two years from the date of his purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The answer is: if you preorder the s3 or upgrade to any device before the 28th of this month, you will retain your unlimited data, provided that you have unlimited data. Period..... :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

nalgon

Reaction score
The vzw rep told me that once you get the s3 and you return it you lose your unlimited data plan. Is this true?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That may be true. Idk

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The vzw rep told me that once you get the s3 and you return it you lose your unlimited data plan. Is this true?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

If it's an upgrade, I don't believe that is accurate. Your plan is separate from the phone, so it doesn't matter what phone is on the plan, and even if they subsidize the cost for the upgrade, when you return it, you pay the restocking fee and you're back on the old phone again.

If it's a new plan, that is quite possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Beka27

Reaction score
If it's an upgrade, I don't believe that is accurate. Your plan is separate from the phone, so it doesn't matter what phone is on the plan, and even if they subsidize the cost for the upgrade, when you return it, you pay the restocking fee and you're back on the old phone again.

If it's a new plan, that is quite possible.

Yeah, I don't think the unlimited would go away but would you basically just be back to a month to month with them? After the 28th, if you return the S3 you wouldn't be able to upgrade to a different phone and keep unlimited, assuming you just completely returned the S3, not exchanged, and then tried to upgrade at a later point. In effect, does the contract get voided?

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Question...I have two smartphones and a feature phone on my Verizon family plan. One was recently upgraded to a Razr which I love...the other two lines are both now due an upgrade. I was thinking of upgrading the other smartphone line to a Sg3 to keep my unlimited data plan.....only thing is that when I go to upgrade my daughters feature phone...it will be to a smart phone line....am I right to assume upgrading her to a smart phone will force me into the new family share plan??? I know I can't get her an unlimited plan but even if she goes to a 2 GB plan at least I'll get to keep the other two lines as unlimited... Is this my best route out should I bite the bullet and go to the family share? I'm confused...any ideas?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yngwie77 said:
Question...I have two smartphones and a feature phone on my Verizon family plan. One was recently upgraded to a Razr which I love...the other two lines are both now due an upgrade. I was thinking of upgrading the other smartphone line to a Sg3 to keep my unlimited data plan.....only thing is that when I go to upgrade my daughters feature phone...it will be to a smart phone line....am I right to assume upgrading her to a smart phone will force me into the new family share plan??? I know I can't get her an unlimited plan but even if she goes to a 2 GB plan at least I'll get to keep the other two lines as unlimited... Is this my best route out should I bite the bullet and go to the family share? I'm confused...any ideas?

If you order her the sg3 before june 28th, then you will have to chose the 2gb tiered data plan for her and the rest of your plan will remain the same. Family share plans are not available till June 28th. If you wait till after June 28th, then you will have to choose a family share plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
I talked to one of the reps in the store closest to me and they told me they really don't know what's happening on June 28th. So will I be good if I preorder the phone this Friday ? Good as in will I keep my unlimited data?