1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Upgrade Questions?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by droid doctor, Jun 15, 2012.

1. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

I have a Droid 2 right now, but if one of my lines has an upgrade could I pay the 2 year price on this phone?
  2. chris215

chris215 New Member

Yes. If you intend on replacing your Droid 2 through the upgrade from the other line, you only need to transfer the upgrade to your Droid.
  3. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

Alright thank you.
  4. liteon163

liteon163 Member

And if you have unlimited data you want to grandfather in, make the change before June 28th.
  5. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

What if I preorder the s3 before the 28?
  6. menudo18

menudo18 New Member

Yesterday I got two different answers. Yes and no the first rep said because i wouldn't get the phone till after the 28 i would have to go to a tiered plan. I told him that its never bern like that before when i pre-ordered a phone before. The second rep said no problem just order by the 27 th. He said the reps have been asking this question for weeks with no real answers.
  7. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

On one of the threads on here a person posted a picture of his new contract showing his purchase of the sg3 and that his unlimited data was on contract for next two years from the date of his purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  8. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The answer is: if you preorder the s3 or upgrade to any device before the 28th of this month, you will retain your unlimited data, provided that you have unlimited data. Period..... :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  9. nalgon

nalgon New Member

The vzw rep told me that once you get the s3 and you return it you lose your unlimited data plan. Is this true?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  10. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

That may be true. Idk

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  11. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If it's an upgrade, I don't believe that is accurate. Your plan is separate from the phone, so it doesn't matter what phone is on the plan, and even if they subsidize the cost for the upgrade, when you return it, you pay the restocking fee and you're back on the old phone again.

If it's a new plan, that is quite possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  12. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

Yeah, I don't think the unlimited would go away but would you basically just be back to a month to month with them? After the 28th, if you return the S3 you wouldn't be able to upgrade to a different phone and keep unlimited, assuming you just completely returned the S3, not exchanged, and then tried to upgrade at a later point. In effect, does the contract get voided?
  13. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 New Member

Question...I have two smartphones and a feature phone on my Verizon family plan. One was recently upgraded to a Razr which I love...the other two lines are both now due an upgrade. I was thinking of upgrading the other smartphone line to a Sg3 to keep my unlimited data plan.....only thing is that when I go to upgrade my daughters feature phone...it will be to a smart phone line....am I right to assume upgrading her to a smart phone will force me into the new family share plan??? I know I can't get her an unlimited plan but even if she goes to a 2 GB plan at least I'll get to keep the other two lines as unlimited... Is this my best route out should I bite the bullet and go to the family share? I'm confused...any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  14. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

If you order her the sg3 before june 28th, then you will have to chose the 2gb tiered data plan for her and the rest of your plan will remain the same. Family share plans are not available till June 28th. If you wait till after June 28th, then you will have to choose a family share plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  15. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

I talked to one of the reps in the store closest to me and they told me they really don't know what's happening on June 28th. So will I be good if I preorder the phone this Friday ? Good as in will I keep my unlimited data?
  16. kparks

kparks Active Member

50% say that u can still be grandfathered and 50% say that because ur activating it after the plans go into effect u will need to change so who knows! Vzw better have a announcement on what they plan on doing cuz if it is the latter ill cancel my order and get the maxx right now!
  17. droid doctor

droid doctor New Member

I really want the s3 even if it means going to a 2gb plan which I barely go over 1gb a month now. But I don't like having a limit then I'm always gonna be browsing with caution to make sure I don't go over the limit.
  18. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

activating your phone has nothing to do with your contract. As long as you sign a new contract before the 28th they can not make you go to the share phone. when you ordered your phone you should have gotten a email telling you that your contract had been extended. And it should say that you still have unlimited data as well
  19. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

Do you have a upgrade available
  20. Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit New Member

First off congrats on the Razr. My girlfriend just upgraded to the 16GB white one and loves it.

It's been said over and over again... as long as you upgrade before the 28th you can choose to keep the current plan your on. The family share won’t be out till the 28th.

Yes you can upgrade to the SG3 right now and keep your unlimited data on the line that you currently have a smart phone on. Verizon has confirmed this to like every website/forum, twitter, facebook, press release, just Google it.

As far as your upgrade from the dumb phone to the smart phone for your daughter as long as you upgrade before the 28th you can choose from the current GB plans, after the 28th then you will have no choice but to choose from the family share. (because she doesn't have a smart phone right now.. only reason)

TBH, your best bet will be to upgrade now both lines, keep your unlimited data on the smart phone and get the SG3 and choose one of the GB plans currently out for your daughters line. I'd ask her what she plans to use her phone for the most.. ie, facebook, youtube, music? Get an idea on how much you will think she will use and choose the plan above what you will think she will use. (Kids these days always use more).

July 10th needs to come quicker.. I want my SG3...
Search tags for this page

how to get verizon upgrade 6 months early