Upgrade Questions?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:
They have been handing out early upgrades as far out as 6-8 months early (My girlfriends line was 5 months early) to customers who request the "M2" (manager early upgrade).

I confirmed while doing mine that you can't early upgrade on a pre-order no matter what and you can't early upgrade on the iphone with siri.

You can only upgrade early on a phone thats currently in stock or on the iphones that do not have siri.

I tired and so did a few of my friends, I even got a manager on the line that said he couldn't.

That's why my girlfriend upgraded to the Razr 16GB in white her 3rd choice beind the GS3 and Iphone 4S. She didn't want the iphone without Siri.. girls for ya.

They gave me 3 early upgrades and on one of them they let me get the SGS3 but it took me taking them into it and they had to call corporate office to get it changed from a early upgrade to a normal upgrade. The funny thing is is that when I called in I expected to pay full price for the SGS3. And on one of the lines it was not do for a upgrade until December 2013 so they will give the early upgrade to anyone right and if you complain enough you might be able to get the SGS3

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
They gave me 3 early upgrades and on one of them they let me get the SGS3 but it took me taking them into it and they had to call corporate office to get it changed from a early upgrade to a normal upgrade. The funny thing is is that when I called in I expected to pay full price for the SGS3. And on one of the lines it was not do for a upgrade until December 2013 so they will give the early upgrade to anyone right and if you complain enough you might be able to get the SGS3

Yeah that I highly doubt... but if you say so good for you. (insert proof here)

I used to work for VZW call center 4 years ago and still have a friend that works for them. He said after looking at your post either one of two things happend. They used a normal upgrade from another line and did the SGS3 on it or they used the "M2" but he said it's not even built into the computer system to "make" turn an account into a normal upgrade earlier than what it's suppose to be. That's why they have the manager approval to do one early but it wont allow for pre order phones or iphones with siri (because of contract agreement with apple)

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:
Yeah that I highly doubt... but if you say so good for you. (insert proof here)

I used to work for VZW call center 4 years ago and still have a friend that works for them. He said after looking at your post either one of two things happend. They used a normal upgrade from another line and did the SGS3 on it or they used the "M2" but he said it's not even built into the computer system to "make" turn an account into a normal upgrade earlier than what it's suppose to be. That's why they have the manager approval to do one early but it wont allow for pre order phones or iphones with siri (because of contract agreement with apple)

How would I show proof I ordered it over the phone. I just ordered the HTC rezound for my daughter and still waiting for my wife to decide what she wants. is there a way to get the notes that they keep on the account. That would be the only way I could figure out how to show you. And I did get transferred to a supervisor and they are the one that said that they could call their corporate office. If there is a way to show you I will

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Guess we will just have to take your word.

But for anyone that is reading this and is thinking to themself "oh maybe I should try what he did" don't be upset if they tell you no. This goes against everything I've ever heard and seen VZW do, so like I said above, if you say so good for you.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I was also having problems with my nexus. And I told them that I did not want a phone that was getting upgraded to ics I wanted a phone that was made for ics. And the fact that I already have a razor maxx what other phone would you take for it. and they did not use the word normal upgrade that's how that is how I am wording it

kparks

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:

But for anyone that is reading this and is thinking to themself "oh maybe I should try what he did" don't be upset if they tell you no. This goes against everything I've ever heard and seen VZW do, so like I said above, if you say so good for you.

I have a upgrade in November on a droid x u think I get a early upgrade on it to a 4g device?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:

I tried to get them to do this with at least inner of the other lines but they told me no. and they also told me that all apple product were off limits.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
How would I show proof I ordered it over the phone. I just ordered the HTC rezound for my daughter and still waiting for my wife to decide what she wants. is there a way to get the notes that they keep on the account. That would be the only way I could figure out how to show you. And I did get transferred to a supervisor and they are the one that said that they could call their corporate office. If there is a way to show you I will

If you have a friend at Verizon then send me a private message I will give you my number and he would be able to pull it up. I don't have a problem with that.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I have a upgrade in November on a droid x u think I get a early upgrade on it to a 4g device?

Yes, call and ask for the "M2" (manager early upgrade) and they should let you upgrade early, my girlfriend had the Thunderbolt with an upgrade date of 11/29/12 and today she is using her new Razr in white and kept her unlimited data.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
If you have a friend at Verizon then send me a private message I will give you my number and he would be able to pull it up. I don't have a problem with that.

No thanks, last time he pulled up an account (mine) they caught him and almost got fired, only reason he got away with it is because he was still new and didn't know any better. Reps can only open accounts with a customer on the phone.

Ontop of that I don't care "that" much about verifying what or how you did that. I just worry about the countless other people that will call and try get denied and make them feel like crap. Nothing is worse than being told no on something you really really want lol.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:
No thanks, last time he pulled up an account (mine) they caught him and almost got fired, only reason he got away with it is because he was still new and didn't know any better. Reps can only open accounts with a customer on the phone.

Ontop of that I don't care "that" much about verifying what or how you did that. I just worry about the countless other people that will call and try get denied and make them feel like crap. Nothing is worse than being told no on something you really really want lol.

I don't want anyone to Get fired either. is your friend phone pretty good with phone problems? We have been having internet problems ever since they put 4g in are area. at my house w do not 4g but if I walk down the rd I can get 4g. But now the internet will just turn off. My daughter lost internet for 3 hours last night. I called Verizon and they said that the phones are getting confused on if it should be on 4g or 3g. I tried leaving the phones on CDMA but when I do that I do not get any internet.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Nahh he's not any better than the average joe, he doesn't do tech support, just most of the tier 1 csr's do.. ie upgrades, plan changes, downgrade, disconnect.. stuff like that.

That does suck your having issues like that. Lead in the walls? Try Twitter VZW support they are so awesome in fixing issues, better than over the phone tech support.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Ok thank you. I never thought about Verizon support every time I had problem I just called 611

kparks

Reaction score
Lightnspirit said:
Nahh he's not any better than the average joe, he doesn't do tech support, just most of the tier 1 csr's do.. ie upgrades, plan changes, downgrade, disconnect.. stuff like that.

That does suck your having issues like that. Lead in the walls? Try Twitter VZW support they are so awesome in fixing issues, better than over the phone tech support.

Well I called and asked and got shot down he said its to far out i called the 611 number and went to upgrades but he said my 1 line is still showing a upgrade but thats the line I preordered the s3 on so idk