Updating to new Thunderbolt Update

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok well i just came from a rooted ud 3.o og droid yesturday to the tb and ive been having the gps problem. so i found the xda thread then this thread. so i downloaded the ruu file and booted my stock unrooted tb into hboot to flash the PG05IMG.zip fileafter holding volume dwn and power button i enter hboot then i hit the power button to start the flash( i believe i have to hit it twice?) and it doesnt flash says cant find it. so i go back and make sure it didnt turn into a zip zip file while renaming it and that it is on the root of my sd card and i try it again and again dwn loading it three times. so why isnt it fn workin for me? i dont want towait for verizon and htc to take their sweet ole time to push this ota when it shouldve been fixed or pushed out when the phones were released.

help me please!

lazarus2297

Reaction score
All u do is put the .zip file on your SD card turn the phone off hold power and vol down it will enter hoot and look for the update file by itself you don't have to hit the power button again then just answer the questions and wait till it finishes it will tell you to hit power button to reboot... If it still doesn't find it then maybe your download is corrupt, also just make sure you dl the signed RUU file.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok so i dont have to hit the power button after entering hboot i just wait? how long is to long of a wait? 3 min?.. ahhh i see but i still need to rename it tho correct? im gonna try it again thanks for the help.

ok well i booted into hboot with the PG05IMG.zip file on the root of my sd card. after a sec or two it said in green lettere checking PG05IMG.zip then went directly back to the hboot white screen and ive been waiting ever since.

Last edited:

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok ive just tried to install this file from the xda post that suppose to be the stock ruu file. here a link to it on xda.
[RUU] 1.13.605.7 Radio 1.16.00.0402 signed - xda-developers

well let me tell you its my second day with the thunderbolt and ive tried countless times to install this stock zip file on my unrooted stock tb. ive dl'ed this file over six times from the xda link and everytime i place it on my sd card and boot into hboot it will try to install and says "wrong image no image" i even went so far as to extract the files first before putting them on my sd card then i just put the zip file without renaming it the i put the file one the root of my sd card countless times and renamed it PG05IMG.zip with capital letters then lower case letters i tried it like pg zero five img dot zip and then pg o five img dot zip so with a zero and an o(i spelled it out to point out using the 0 and the o). and i get the same ole story "wrong image no image"

so heres my question for the people that say they got it to install could you post the file youve used? now keep in mind my tb isnt rooted so i need the stock version. and i will see if that works. because if not im taking this phone back until htc and verizon gets it fixed. its like verizon or htc needed a new money machine or flagship device and rushed this out to market and didnt have all the bugs worked out yet and of course we who paid our hard earned cash for these devices get jacked because it takes them so damm long to release the ota fix.

sorry for the rant im getting mad now.
i appoligize and any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated please.

bob

Last edited:

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are on windows 7 try taking the .zip off and try it again

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Yeah try removing .zip and if not I will upload the file I used but it will take awhile as its 400mb

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ugh after another dl i placed it on my sd card then used astro to rename it and as i type this it is installing. grrrrr it had me goin bonkers. thanks for listening