Updated today

troubling

Reaction score
The only changes I see are the 720p camcorder..which just came in time for my class reunion last night...and the fancy start up screen.I thought there was a flash upgrade but I went on HULU and still cant view the video's.
As far as battery life..i see no change at all.

I'm pretty sure you have to dl the flash upgrade from the market place.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flash is supposed to be packaged in with the update, as far as Hulu it doesn't work with flash, last thing I heard they started coding their videos differently so they would be unaccessible to mobile users, maybe they are working on an app...

jbh00jh

Reaction score
What I really noticed was the extra wi-fi signal strength (wi-fi N) .
The adobe flash player 10.1 is built in to the update. And the speed is great.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Flash is supposed to be packaged in with the update, as far as Hulu it doesn't work with flash, last thing I heard they started coding their videos differently so they would be unaccessible to mobile users, maybe they are working on an app...

I backed up the hulu app that root users get, so that when I unrooted I still have it :)

Hopefully the videos play when I get my update, I'll let people know.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I heard that VZW rolls out these updates by the exchange number. Certainly did not hear this from anyplace reliable but it sounded right anyway.
:)

The "exchange" is the first three numbers of the phone number. Not the Area Code.

216-555-1212
216 = area code
555 = exchange
1212 = number

This could be total BS though. :blink:

jebmn

Reaction score
So if the updates are not released based on location then are they based on activation dates. I have not seen anything that clearly spells out beyond us guessing. If this is all guessing then couldn't we give out general info of date activation, region to pick out possible strategies that VZ might be using? And yes I have no life and Yes I am bored and Yes I still don't have it Yet !@##@@ ;)

jebmn

Reaction score
VZ it seems to me has no real interest in this angle of there consumers they could roll out more info to feed the frenzy that is Droid but haven't as of yet. there is a building of a Droid culture to match that of Apple and they could do a little to add to this growing Phenom.

Reaction score
Okay I have few, what I believe to be intelligent, questions. Since the Android system is based on an existing computer language what keeps us from being able to update our phones through a website or official app? Also is it because the update is being sent through the air and not the more relaible digital or online signal that it seems to be hit and miss?

fifthcircle

Reaction score
I don't think the exchange number theory is correct.
My wifes exchange is 67*
My cell exchange is 65*

She got her update on Saturday morning (8/28), and I have not gotten mine yet....

still....
waiting.....
:icon_eek:

LOL!

geox19

Reaction score
quick question

Still no update San Francisco CA. Is there a way for someone that receives the ota update to just save the update before they install it then post it up somewhere for everyone to DL and install?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
who needs Hulu, I got a Slingbox, and it works like a charm, can watch anything that is on my cable/Satelite box, anywhere anytime, all my channels. By the way I have Verizon Fios.

beesy

Reaction score
i spoke with a rep at Verizon, he informed me that verizon was not pushing the 2.2 update out and had no control over it, because the incredible has 3 different manufacturrers, it was either, HTC or google doing it, but he added that his notes said the update went out on friday, 30,000 per day at 11pm when the internet was not busy, and that included the weekend. He also said the motorola droid update took 8 days to push the update out to everyone. The incredible may take a little longer...

Havoc70

Reaction score
VZ CSR's know nothing, of course thats mostly because the executives dont tell them crap.
I got tired of waiting and updated my Incredible via the RUU. The install was flawless and i have not had 1 issue with it so far.