Droid INC running Android 2.2

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by pepatrick, Aug 12, 2010.

1. pepatrick

pepatrick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience running Android 2.2 on the INC. I followed the step to update the radio and used it for a coupld of days. Then I downloaded the froyo rom and installed it. I did not wipe my DInc and everything is working perfectly. This was relatively easy and did not take that long of a time. It actually took longer to update the radio than 2.2. I highly recommend this update.

Philip

2. Bowtie

Bowtie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Does this include the 720p video update?

3. pepatrick

pepatrick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It does include 720p. That was part of the radio upgrade...It also includes 3g hot spot and all the other neat stuff they said it would. Just noticed that wireless N...does not appear to be working...hmmmmmmm

4. Bowtie

Bowtie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    With the announcement of the OTA coming this weekend, I think I might wait until next week to see if it comes about, if not, then some rooting will be done.

5. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Froyo for weeks on my DINC, and I'm using a Custom Rom. it's pain free, just pay attention to details.

6. pepatrick

pepatrick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have been hearing about OTA update for weeks. Im not holding my breath.

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Yes you have. But I can assure you I wouldn't be posting something about it personally if I wasn't very sure about where I'm getting the information from. I'm getting it from somewhere far different than from a rep at a store or from articles online.

Is there a possibility it won't roll this weekend? Anything can happen and usually does, but we have been tracking this all week and the answer is still staying consistent regarding this weekend.

As I mentioned in the other thread, as soon as I have even more concrete info, I will post it immediately.

8. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks jkhonea for working keeping us updated.

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    No problem at all. I enjoy being able to pass out some hopefully useful information.

10. Lucidpsychosis

Lucidpsychosis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess this is as good of a place as anywhere to ask this: I am woefully bad at computer software. I can talk about hardware all day, but I am quite ignorant when it comes to software. OS 2.2 looks awesome, but I'm afraid that I would just mess up my phone if I tried to install it myself or whatever. Will there be an official update to 2.2 that is relatively simple for people who are software illiterate? I'm getting either the Incredible or the X in 10 days (I'm still unsure which), and I want 2.2 without messing up my phone. I don't think I'll bother to root for this reason.

11. barbee

barbee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rooting has become a super easy process, but, if you're uncomfortable with it i would recommend waiting for the OTA upgrade from VZW. When they rolll the update out it will be a one button upgrade without having to wipe anything off the phone.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Within ten days, I would almost bet the software will already be preloaded on them.