[Updated] New Leaked Droid Does Bionic Page!!

akj27

Reaction score
What's pentile and why are people saying it blows?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
That beast looks awesome. Still a little disappointment, was really expecting some new HD screen, and a faster processor..but i'll take it.

I read that the Omap4 4460 has not been put in any phone as of yet.. It has been tested though..

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this will be the device that offers an unlockable bootloader. As we all know the D3 wasn't.

lemodular

Reaction score
Please don't let this thread be about the screen.

Glad to see it closer to reality.

g_what

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this will be the device that offers an unlockable bootloader. As we all know the D3 wasn't.
I sure hope the bootloader is unlocked!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

S

scrub175

$299 on contract. Hmm wonder how much off contract?

$799 at Best Buy is what I heard From a Best Buy Mobile Employee...

Cool. I'm getting to the point that where I would rather pay the extra scratch and own my phone rather than the subsidized price and locked in VZW contract. Just says something that I buy a phone full price but will not commit to them for the 2 years.

What my plan will be is to see if there is an off contract price reduction after a couple of weeks. If the price off contract is dropped to $599 but the contract price remains $299, I would be willing to pay the off contract price.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
$299 on contract. Hmm wonder how much off contract?

Cool. I'm getting to the point that where I would rather pay the extra scratch and own my phone rather than the subsidized price and locked in VZW contract. Just says something that I buy a phone full price but will not commit to them for the 2 years.

What my plan will be is to see if there is an off contract price reduction after a couple of weeks. If the price off contract is dropped to $599 but the contract price remains $299, I would be willing to pay the off contract price.

Do yourself a favor and check out off contract prices on current phones. They don't drop much at all, nothing like the on contract prices.

sn2hotty

Reaction score
I still really want this, but I'm not quite as excited because the screen is 4.3".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I don't get it- aside from the pentile issue that everyone is caught up in (which seems like a silly non-issue IMO), why does everyone seem so standoff-ish about the 4.3" screen? Sounds pretty good to me!

alquimista

Reaction score
Bionic = Atrix

Looking at a comparison on phonearena:
Compare phones: Motorola Droid Bionic Targa, Motorola DROID BIONIC, Motorola ATRIX 4G - Phone Arena

The Bionic seems just a touch better than the Atrix, which was released for AT&T back in February. But they're basically the same, except (and this is a probably a huge exception) the Bionic has the TI proc instead of the Nvidea Tegra 2. I have no idea how the two processors will compare.

I dunno. I really want this phone, but will something even better be around the corner? Will the leaked bootloader unlocker for the Atrix work on the Bionic? Will it ship with an unlockable bootloader?

I guess the deciding factor for me will be the bootloader. I'd take an unlocked bootloader over just about anything (maybe even the rumored Dinara). My D1 is still awesome because of the unlocked bootloader.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath for the unlocked bootloader on the Bionic. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the rumor mills are saying about future super phones when the Bionic is actually released.

Thanks for the leaked web page and the heart palpitations!

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score

Do yourself a favor and check out off contract prices on current phones. They don't drop much at all, nothing like the on contract prices.

I usually just wait a couple weeks and go to Swappa if I'm interested in buying a newly released phone. I bet after a few weeks someone will get sick of theirs and sell it, pretty much brand new, for a few hundred off the retail price. That's how I got my Thunderbolt.