[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me too!! While, I've enjoyed a crazy good deal saving $100/mo on 5 smartphones with the $20discount; it's soooo hard to give up!! For $100 more / month I can get 8GB to share between 5 people. That's $2400 over two years! If you upgrade each phone every two years, say by buying a $350 six month old model, that would be an extra $1750. Even better deal if you guy an older one yet, I think Razrs are down to like $220 on ebay/craigslist. So, still saving $375 each year. That's not counting the fact that when you get "subsidized pricing" you end up paying $200 to $300 anyways!! So, lets say even $100 each, that's $500 added to savings and now. My mom is expecting a new phone in a month, gonna have to break it to her soon that she has to pay full price! Well, a used iPhone 4s is around $450, heck a new one on Apple's site off contract is only $550. Crap..

Yea, I have that $20/line credit also.
It's crazy. Even if the plan was the same, I save $60/month total on 3 smartphones.
That means I could buy 1 expensive phone/year and still come out a few bucks ahead if I sell the old phone.

I don't touch my plan because I fear they will screw up the promotion.
My daughter is getting the last upgrade we have because it's useless after the 28th.
I have the Maxx, my wife has a Bionic (that she likes because of the hacked Atrix docking station), not sure what my daughter will get.

Caesars

Reaction score
How does one get this plan?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

the3dolla

Reaction score
Yea, I have that $20/line credit also.
It's crazy. Even if the plan was the same, I save $60/month total on 3 smartphones.
That means I could buy 1 expensive phone/year and still come out a few bucks ahead if I sell the old phone.

I don't touch my plan because I fear they will screw up the promotion.
My daughter is getting the last upgrade we have because it's useless after the 28th.
I have the Maxx, my wife has a Bionic (that she likes because of the hacked Atrix docking station), not sure what my daughter will get.

Yea, I'm always nervous too and about 3 months ago, the $20 Talk & Text + Data discount stopped showing online! It's def still on the account though, confirmed by some reps and my last few months of bills. I have a Maxx, my sisters both just got 4s', my mom has an old incredible and my Dad has the X2. I'd feel a bit better about this if I could get the incredible updated via a ONE month early upgrade. I emailed them begging, but I don't doubt I'll probably get turned down. The savings are even crazier on 5 lines! My whole thing about say getting an 8GB plan to be safe, say one month we use 4GB, then one month 6GB, then 7GB, then 5GB, then 10GB, oops, overage; wth, what about all the other GB's I didn't use!!!!

champaned_out

Reaction score
This sounds to me that you are talking about illegally using tethering without paying to Verizon? aka Foxfi etc... Am fine with it not judging... but go ahead tell Verizon that :biggrin:. Display always matter hence smartphones are getting bigger from 3.7 to 5 inches as it enables convenience to elders. Single core can't outperfom dual core plus.. What I meant by this is that there is no chance for you to access Netflix with the phone. Why would you download massive datas for Games when that game itself can't play on the phone????? So yes it does matters sir dancedroid

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I illegally tether from my response.. I was simply wondering how someone with a 3.5" screen would use less data then someone with a 4.3" screen... And u said there's not chance to use netfilx? I have a thunderbolt that runs a single core and I most definitely can run and stream netfilx any time I want.

Data consumption is solely dependent on the user itself... Not the device... I know friends that have a entry level Android phone like the LG cosmos vs another friend that has the Dinc2... The cosmos has a smaller screen less processing power yet I know he consumes more data than the other friend with the bigger screen and faster chip because he just uses the internet more often.. it all comes down to how you manage your data not the device you use... The only actual factor that might make a consumer use more data is when someone switches from a 3g phone to a 4g device... Just because you can actually stream videos and video calls other than that I still don't see how screen size effects data usage.. sorry

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
How is this??? If you are currently on unlimited and renew before the 28th with no changes you keep the unlimited for the length of the contract. It is if you make changes to your contract that you forfeit the unlimited data. People are doing it now by preordering the SGSIII.

Here is the confusion that this can make. When should that SGSIII become available to Verizon? I know that you can pre-order it right now in hope to bypass Verizon's new policy. Verizon can actually change your contract to the new plan if the said phone are supposed to be released after June 28. The safer move that will allow you to keep unlimited data is by buying the available phones that Verizon have in store. So Good luck to those that ordered SGS III and under Unlimited data plan.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've figured it out, I'll go to Best buy and buy my phones full price, I'll have them price match wherever I can find it cheapest AND I'll purchase their buyback program that way in 6 months to a year I can still get 40 - 50 % of what I paid back..... I've already done it a couple times.

honestly I hope we get to a point where we don't have to get phones specifically for our carrier but where we can just buy a phone we want and use it on our carrier.

esmier

Reaction score
So i know it has happened before, but is this justification to get out of the early cancellation fee? I think i remember something about you can do that if verizon changes their minute rates for roaming over overages. Im not sure. Does anyone know what the federal rules are on this?

EDIT: ah nvm, it was when they changed their regularly fee

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
How does one get this plan?

One doesn't.
Nov. 2010 or thereabout Verizon sent out an invitation for a promotion to high monthly bill users and offered a special promotion.
If you had been a customer since they had been GTE Mobilnet (me) or some other different criteria, you were offered a $20/line credit on unlimited data to keep you from bailing to Sprint.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can confirm the training on this Unlimited Everything (and everyone gets hosed) has not occurred yet. The reps really will not have the answers you are seeking if you call tonight or in the next couple of days.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
So i know it has happened before, but is this justification to get out of the early cancellation fee? I think i remember something about you can do that if verizon changes their minute rates for roaming over overages. Im not sure. Does anyone know what the federal rules are on this?

EDIT: ah nvm, it was when they changed their regularly fee

No. They aren't changing your existing contract. Once your 2 year contract is up, they can change anything they want. If they tell you that you have to give up unlimited while still in the contract then that would allow you to get out without a cancellation fee. They aren't doing that.

Reaction score
Here is the confusion that this can make. When should that SGSIII become available to Verizon? I know that you can pre-order it right now in hope to bypass Verizon's new policy. Verizon can actually change your contract to the new plan if the said phone are supposed to be released after June 28. The safer move that will allow you to keep unlimited data is by buying the available phones that Verizon have in store. So Good luck to those that ordered SGS III and under Unlimited data plan.

Verizon Support has said if you pre order it you're ok and will keep Unlimited

Caesars

Reaction score
awesome deal lol

Edit: referring to the $20 promo

champaned_out

Reaction score

There is no confusion I placed my preorder through the phone... I've already agreed to the new terms and conditions for my new upgrade which still has my unl data plan... I've agreed that I will commit 2years with Verizon as long as Verizon keeps my current plan and doesn't change it.. I repeatedly confirmed with them to confirm.with me that my plan will not change regardless of the when I get my S3